The Importance Of Snes On Gp2x

Cyclops posted on Sep 7 2005 at 07:26 PM said:
That came across a little stonger tham I'd liked. :)

That is what the "edit" function is for.

Plus that is not "other peoples random knowledge" those are just various facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe more than one version can be released, each with limited compatibility but higher speed. A little like bleem on the dc.

also, the gp2x really is potentially the greatest ever platform to play SFC games as it can play the games in their native resoloution unlike a pc which never makes the games look authentic when running them in full screen mode.

plus, IMO there really is no competition between a gba and a snes. graphically almost identical and sonically the snes has the edge. but when it comes to games, snes wins hands down.

DaveC posted on Sep 7 2005 at 07:58 PM said:

No its not a fact. Slightly is as subjective as the word, but half as fast again is not slightly, and definately does not deserve capitals. In computing terms CPU's can cost 10x price for less of a performance gain.

Are you sure of your facts, how useful will rotate and scaler function be to something like mame, maybe not useful for snes. Sounds a little useful to me.

Cyclops posted on Sep 7 2005 at 08:16 PM said:
DaveC posted on Sep 7 2005 at 07:58 PM said:

No its not a fact. Slightly is as subjective as the word, but half as fast again is not slightly, and definately does not deserve capitals. In computing terms CPU's can cost 10x price for less of a performance gain.

Are you sure of your facts, how useful will rotate and scaler function be to something like mame, maybe not useful for snes. Sounds a little useful to me.

For MAME the rotation can be useful for vertical games. Scaler? Ick! I hate scaling so I won't be using that option.

Scaling will be useful for those 512 X 448 snes games!! admittedly for games like CPS2 a more raine like attitude needs to be taken

Cyclops posted on Sep 7 2005 at 09:12 PM said:
Scaling will be useful for those 512 X 448 snes games!! admittedly for games like CPS2 a more raine like attitude needs to be taken

Yeah, both of them ;)

DaveC posted on Sep 7 2005 at 03:34 PM said:

Yeah, both of them ;)

So what games had 512x448? I want to know

reallynotnick posted on Sep 7 2005 at 11:19 PM said:
DaveC posted on Sep 7 2005 at 03:34 PM said:

Yeah, both of them ;)

So what games had 512x448? I want to know

I think Rock and roll racing did Can't remember any more. You could count them on one hand though and have fingers left over.

Suggesting that the 2D accelerator will not see much use is true to the
fact of ported emulators. If the emu is ported then it really can't take
advantage of multiple hardware leaps. But then that would not be the
hardware we're discussing but rather the software. The hardware is
capable of running a full speed SNES emulator. And as this machine
is the largest move towards supporting handheld emulation it is safe to expect
someone to create a custom emu that takes FULL advantage of all the hardware.

gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console

I wonder, there are things like the Cyclone, a CPU-core. Could the second CPU be used to run the core, thus leaving the other CPU to rest of the emulator?

Jarska333 posted on Sep 8 2005 at 04:54 PM said:
I wonder, there are things like the Cyclone, a CPU-core. Could the second CPU be used to run the core, thus leaving the other CPU to rest of the emulator?

Yes :)

Back