How Do I Exit Atari800 Emulation?

havaham

Still Fresh
This may sound like a stupid problem but when playing a game in the atari800 emulator, I cannot figure out how to get back to the game selection menu to load another image. I'm thinking that I need to map an exit key combo to some file somwhere. Oh, what I wouldn't give for an ESCAPE key... ;)

havaham posted on Dec 3 2006 at 12:13 PM said:
This may sound like a stupid problem but when playing a game in the atari800 emulator, I cannot figure out how to get back to the game selection menu to load another image. I'm thinking that I need to map an exit key combo to some file somwhere. Oh, what I wouldn't give for an ESCAPE key... ;)

Its usually mapped to left shoulder.

Mark

edit: Quick press of left shoulder for the menu. Hold it longer for fast forward...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mapped in one of the .men files?

in default.men I have this but I'm not sure of the syntax...

K:L|R:A:L|R:B:START:SELECT:R
H:L|R|START|SELECT:REBOOT:60
H:L|R|START:RESET:60
H:L|R|SELECT:RESET:60
U:L:UI
[snip]

I looks like it wants me to press either a sequence or a combination. I would love to remap the combo to some easier meathod. Can you help?
Thanks...

Oh, nevermind, your edit just proves your point! Thanks too much! Just a quick press of L does the trick!

havaham posted on Dec 3 2006 at 04:40 PM said:
Mapped in one of the .men files?

in default.men I have this but I'm not sure of the syntax...

K:L|R:A:L|R:B:START:SELECT:R
iirc Keypress of L shoulder and R shoulder at once enters virtual keyboard. Then some other bits and pirces for virtual keyboard setup.

H:L|R|START|SELECT:REBOOT:60
Hold Left shoulder, right shoulder, start and select at once for 60 frames to reboot

H:L|R|START:RESET:60
H:L|R|SELECT:RESET:60
Hold left shoulder, right shoulder, (start or select) for 60 frames to reset

On left shoulder key up enter UI (menu)

I looks like it wants me to press either a sequence or a combination. I would love to remap the combo to some easier meathod. Can you help?
Yeah the syntax is not too clear. I wrote some docs but they aren't great... I was planning to write a keyboard editor, but laziness got the better of me:)

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I, for one, really appreciate all of your efforts. It's a fine emulator... :D

Back