How do I install an emulator?

GPaddict

Still Fresh
HI, Its my first time trying to get an emulator to run. I downloaded Little John GP32 and unzipped it to my gp32. Which folder do i put it in? and how do I install the emulator to make it run? Also I put a NES rom after changing the file extension to .fxe in the GPMM folder. is that correct? Thanks!!!

Oh dear me... :rolleyes:

To install any file with an .FXE extension (in this case LittleJohn) you place it into the folder GP:\GPMM

The ROMs do not need to have their extension changed, leave them as .NES and place them in GP:\GPMM\NES

There you go...but wait...isn't this stuff mentioned in the README.TXT ? :D

Read the readme-file that comes with the emulator. If you still have problems, just ask. But all of your questions should be answered in the readme-file.

I'll give you the answers anyway:

Just copy the .fxe file to the GPMM folder.
Roms, put them in a folder called NES in the GPMM folder. Don't change the file extensions of the roms to .fxe, they should be called .nes.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks for the quick reply, but still does not work. I had the freelauncher installed. I changed the ljohnpg.gxb to file extension .fxe put it in the GPMM folder. Changed the rom back to .nes and put in the NES folder I created. All that happened is a Korean message which I cant read appeared. BTW the first thing I did was read the txt file and it said nothing about where to put it or the rom. Thanks!

LittleJohn is a FXE file by default, so I'm not sure why the one you had was a GXB that could be part of the problem. Download wind-ups and try running it through there

THANKYOU!! I redownloaded LJ32 and the new one had the correct file extension. Is it normal to have Korean messages on the GP32?

Yep, they are normal. Just out of curiosity, where did you download the other version of LittleJohn from?

Back