How Fast Is The New European Firmware?

mastaboog749

Website
Visit site
I just got my BLU from Liksang but I dont know if I have the brand new european firmware. How can I flash it, is there a tutorial on it? And whats the difference in having it in bin and fxe format?

mallrat37 posted on Aug 2 2004 at 07:59 PM said:
<hijack>

Anyone dumped the bin yet, so I can get it going with GPBIOS

</hijack>
Look in the beta testing forum, someone has dumped it to a bin so you can run it from v5.0 of aquafish's multifirmware!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but what about your initial question....

I want to know this too people!!

Sombody plz test quake in 2 different fw's please!!

I dont have the guts to flash my gp 2 times in a row. :rolleyes:

I'n no coder but i can imagine the 'bios' controlling certain bus data transfers.

mayb that can be optimized... (hoping a guru will answer this q)

cozmic posted on Aug 2 2004 at 10:23 PM said:
I'n no coder but i can imagine the 'bios' controlling certain bus data transfers.

mayb that can be optimized... (hoping a guru will answer this q)
The bios and firmware aren't the same anyway. All the firmware does is load the program, nothing from then on. It shouldn't make any difference at all.

cozmic posted on Aug 2 2004 at 10:44 PM said:
So everybody was talkeng crap when they said games ran faster with the new fw eh? Wankers
Hmmm. Nice.

If you looked around you would see what the Dev's think.

I DID look around but i'm not convinced of the new fw being faster.

(fps wise , not loading time, cuz that IS shorter)

Also the gpMOH guys confused me by stating their port (MOH on gp32 i cannot believe it) ran 12 (!!!!!!) fps FASTER...

There is already a topic on this he means. Squidge (of maybe it was fdave...) and several other devs said that there will be no difference in speed in game, only difference could be that it loads the game quicker in the first place.

The people that say they have experienced an increase most likely just think they have because it was mentioned. Like ages ago when people said overclocking could damage your screen, people kept finding something wrong with their screens when in fact they were perfectly fine.

...................The gp32 mind benders...........
*doctor who song plays in background*

Question answered thanx.
*DINGGG* NEXT PLEASE

Back