How Goes The Hinge Tweaking And Board Testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingenfr

It has been a week since Craig posted the following response to my question asking whether the moulds had been ordered.

craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 08:20 AM said:
Not all of them, we are still tweaking the hinge area to prevent any possible snaps. The rest is done though.

This isn't a big deal as the order for that can progress as the MP boards roll off the line and are tested.

Testing the boards is a bigger deal.

I should add in that it's such a big deal as this is one of the most advanced portable devices ever made, and it isn't Sony or Nintendo, it's us. So after all the work these tests must be as near to flawless as possible.
As the case moulds are a 35 day wait it would seem like board testing could continue during mould production. Maybe that is a bad assumption. What progress has been made in the last week?

If you are not a dev or didn't get the information directly from a dev, please don't post speculation or opinions. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
lingenfr posted on May 30 2009 at 03:08 PM said:
If you are not a dev or didn't get the information directly from a dev, please don't post speculation or opinions. Thanks.
This is a public forum. People will post speculation and opinions.

Rather than crap up the thread, if you feel the need to chide, do it via PM. The approach for this thread worked well last week and after the dev posted then folks could beat it to death.

Rather than spam the forum with more threads nagging the developers for information and doing your best to sound like a douchebag, why don't you send a PM?

WoD posted on May 31 2009 at 06:05 PM said:
Rather than spam the forum with more threads nagging the developers for information and doing your best to sound like a douchebag, why don't you send a PM?
Ahh, glad I'm not the only one who thought the tone of the OP was completely off.

I'm sure when something has been done which can be made public, it will be made public as soon as possible. We all know how hungry you all are for information.

However, please don't dont fill the board with requests for information and specially don't end it with "please don't post speculation or opinions".

Be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back