Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GP2x and waiting for the Pandora

• Both and waiting for the Pandora

• Total voters

Prometheus said:
christo930 said:
Is there any electronics expert here who can advise how something like this could happen and design or suggest a possible fix?
I'm no expert at all, but I just feel compelled to say that this reminds me a little of the way in which aging Game Gears lose their ability to output audio, due to a capacitor dying. (It can be replaced, though, which is nice. :p)

I'd imagine the situation with the GP2X is probably much more complex, though! :lol:

In fact, I seem to remember someone saying that this was due to a resistor becoming loose or something like that, and drawing more and more current. It's probably fixable as well, if you have the necessary electronics knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda confusing... When you choose just "Gp2x" it does it mean that you own a gp2x and waiting for wiz , or you only have a gp2x but not waiting for anything :huh:
Anyway , I have :gp2x and waiting for another :gp2x for the moment I guess

Alghazanth said:
Kinda confusing... When you choose just "Gp2x" it does it mean that you own a gp2x and waiting for wiz , or you only have a gp2x but not waiting for anything :huh:
Anyway , I have :gp2x and waiting for another :gp2x for the moment I guess
Sorry about the "incompleteness" of the poll, but you have to stop somewhere. How about people who have a gp32 and are waiting for a wiz? You get the picture.

The reason I started the poll was that there seems to be an undue amount of hostility towards the GP2X on a board that is traditionally for the Gp32 and GP2X, so I figured there were a lot of people here who didn't have one, but joined because this is a good place to discuss the Pandora. The poll seems to be confirming that thought. All the Gamepark owners together outnumber the non owners, but they, the non owners, are the single largest group in this poll (granted, unscientific and biased because it's in the Pandora section), but right now, they seem to be the most active group.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 gp32's, but no gp2x :D The Pandora is what I have been waiting for...
It's interesting to see the amount of people here with neither. I may have to be very fast with that pre order :ph34r:

I have neither of them. Thought about buying a GP2X long time ago but battery length and other reasons made me to wait.

Pandora seems to be more powerful yet less "hungry" so I'll probably get one.

Ive clicked "Gp2x and waiting" but as of today its been sold and posted off to its new owner.
Drums fingers on desk and looks longingly at the pandy renders......

I always thought about bying a GP2X but i never managed it, and hoped an better version to come out, and now its close, this is really great.
but unlike when the PS2 came out i said i'll wait for the PS3 and when it came out i did'nt buy it anyway, i think i'll really buy the pandora.

Wow, nearly half of the potential customers are new to the scene! That's pretty good news.

As for myself, I'm among the 3.65% who owned a GP32, skipped the GP2X and are now waiting for Pandora. I was excited about the GP2X, but in the end I decided that it wasn't enough of an upgrade from the GP32 to be worth the purchase.

I have been watching and waiting since I found out about the GP32 maybe about a year after launch, and though it sounded good, decided to hopefully wait for a successor. GP2X came around, and the great excitement turned to great disappointment in the first few months hearing of dodgy controls, screens too tightly placed with spacers, headphone sockets breaking, the lack of use for the second core, firmware problems, etc.

I was really in two minds about jumping in anyway for a good time, the mk2 didn't really do a lot to fix it- so still I waited. "the craiginator " sounded as if it was trying to be just what I had hoped for for a long time. The strange decisions on the F-200 guaranteed that I sit out and wait for Pandora.. so in short I've been waiting a hell of a long time for this, and I'm lucky enough to be in a position where it will be all new to me when it gets here!
Phew. Back to sleep.

Back