How Many 'failed Consoles' Did You Go Along With?

we're offbeat gamers.
So how many OTHER odd game systems have you all gone along with in a serious, fanboy/bandwagon way. Not major (big name) systems that did poorly, but odd little 'off brand' systems that you got sucked into...majorly.

how many 2xers (of the linux geek persuasion) were caught up in the Indrema L600--now's your chance to come clean to the world.

my failed list includes:
cybiko
nuon
and very nearly zodiac

I suppose all my SNK systems are borderline too... But that's really more of a big name.

the thing of it is, I still stand behind them with the former fanboyism--though my total usage of them suggests that I probably shouldn't.

S.A.M Coupé.

samco.jpg

Trooper

That'd have to be the Game.com, that it would. Begged and begged to get one for Christmas 1997, got one, loved everything about it, but couldn't find any games for it anywhere. Eventually, in 2000, I went to a Toy LIquidators in Florida, and they were selling every game made for it for $5 each, and I bought the whole lot.

On a related note, there was a bried phase when every console I invested in went under within three months: the Neo Geo Pocket Color, the Dreamcast...

i can't honestly answer this question, most of the failed systems i've bought well after they were launched and failed.

I would say, even though its a big name, is the Saturn. Despite the PS being dominate and Sega not supporting it, i still supported it whole heartedly.

None.. winners don't back losers :p

although i did by a virtual boy recently for novelty value..

Well gp32 could be considered a failure as basically hardly any games came out for it, and no good ones to speak of.. Capcom was going to develop some game s for it abandon it as a non profitable venture.

32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, Turbo Duo, Turbo Express, TurboGrafx 16, Neo Pocket Color......(cough) Jaguar (cough)

Edit: My Turbo Grafx 16 is hooked up and being played right now.

Back