How Many Unique Games Can I Play Om My Gp2x

b._.o._.b

I'm still amazed by my little black friend and the amount of games I can play on it. So I've wondered how many unique games can I play on it. So f.a. Galaga is available for arcade, almost every console and home computer, in my book that's only 1 unique game.

I've read that the C64 has about 10.000 commercial titles.
I think 60% is playable on the GP2X (I don't consider text adventures etc playable)

So I start with 6000 titles. :)

well 500 megadrive
1,000 nes
500nes
100psx
1,000 gb
200 or so gba
amiga probs few thousand
mame is few hundred

i'd definitely say around about 20,000

How about the Atari machines.
2600, 5200, 7800, lynx, Atari computer, ST.
These must add thousands (10,000?) more games as well.

Would you consider Sonic the Hedgehog twice? The Master system & Gamegear versions were different from the Magadrive one.

Amiga would probably have the most unique collection out of any system I would think. Most of the games from the Amiga never even appeared on consoles at all.

Same with Gameboy games. They were always completely different from the bigger console versions.

freddykreuger666 said:
i'd definitely say around about 20,000
I think your counting a lot of doubles there ;)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Would you consider Sonic the Hedgehog twice? The Master system & Gamegear versions were different from the Magadrive one.
I only played the megadrive version so in this case I'm not sure, but mostly there is one "best" version and that's the one you will play. The other versions are sd-spacewaste.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Amiga would probably have the most unique collection out of any system I would think. Most of the games from the Amiga never even appeared on consoles at all.
Ok, maybe they did not appear on consoles but lots of games that were available for Amiga were also ported to C64 (and visa versa). And don't forget the Atari-ST, probably 80% of the Amiga games are also available on Atari-ST and most of the ports are exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems you have very specific requirements and have a good idea yourself of the numbers, so why this thread?

Orkie said:
It seems you have very specific requirements and have a good idea yourself of the numbers, so why this thread?
Don't forget that other ,"level of play where the device seeks not to conquer the human, nor to be conquered by the human", as written in Book 8, Chapter 2;
http://www.fullsack.com/tao/wisdom/book8.xml

Orkie said:
The only requirement is 'unique' game, not very special and I have no idea how much games you would reach if you really count them. I don't know systems like zx, msx, bbc very good, so could be that there are games that are not on any other system.

And why this thread? Just exchanging thoughts I guess... don't take it too serious ;)

Back