How Many Units Have They Sold?

8,000 units worldwide, not all have shipped yet, about 3k are still with gamepark having the firmware updated. They should all have shipped by Jan2006.

The biggest markets as far as I know are in order: UK, Spain, Germany and USA.

craigix posted on Dec 13 2005 at 03:52 PM said:
8,000 units worldwide, not all have shipped yet, about 3k are still with gamepark having the firmware updated. They should all have shipped by Jan2006.

That's great for a system, that isn't officially out yet :D

Considering the GP32 was sold "only" 30.000 times, this is pretty much allready!

-I couldn't care less about the GIZMO it will surely perish soon, this handheld should be exorcised, I heard of many people saying, that it want's to sell them cars and Condoms, while they where playing a game :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
oneandoneis2 posted on Dec 13 2005 at 07:48 AM said:
But the GP2X is much better for music & movie playing :) I've got a complete series of Red Dwarf and three Wallace & Gromit films on one SD card, which will hopefully allow me to survive Christmas with the inlaws this year ;)

Agreed, I have three Wallace & Gromit films for mine too :D

The Video is absolutely unbelievable. I think it blows everything else out of the water with the TV out and Divx.

You think: great, it can play all these games, then you remember, there are movies, lots of movies, I got FF Advent Children down to 300mb :p

I also read Starship Titanic, by Douglas Adams for the first time on the GP2X,

The damn thing kept me up till 2AM for a week straight, I could beat nearly every game I ever liked on consoles, it would take me days.

I want to see people networking the bluetooth dongle with D2X (maybe we should call it DGP2X :rolleyes: )
All of the descent 1 and 2 missions, and movies and the Descent Levels of the World contest collection, Anyone played Cubed? the level with the mind and physics bending cubes hovering in the center of the cavern, each of the six sides a gateway to another dimension!! Awesome. And, OPEN SOURCE :D :D

OrR posted on Dec 14 2005 at 12:29 AM said:
This hints at the Gametrac selling up to ~15000 units... Anyone knows exact numbers?

15000? The article is talking about 5000 units :D

I have the gizmondo as well as the GP2X. The gizmondo could have been such a good machine if they decided to use it for homebrew. All the gizmondo has to offer though is sat nav so its GP2X all the way for me now.

adgloride posted on Dec 14 2005 at 04:35 PM said:
I have the gizmondo as well as the GP2X.  The gizmondo could have been such a good machine if they decided to use it for homebrew.  All the gizmondo has to offer though is sat nav so its GP2X all the way for me now.

Even then there are much better GPS maps out there. I mean that tiny Gameboy sized screen is useless for using it in the car as a nav system. I would crash trying to read that thing. The giz just plain sucks IMHO. A fast CPU does not a system make.

craigix posted on Dec 13 2005 at 02:52 PM said:

Is Korea taken into account for this? Or where would it be approximatly located in that chart?

PS: Someone make some advertisements in Japan :D

SatanClaus posted on Dec 14 2005 at 05:17 PM said:
OrR posted on Dec 14 2005 at 12:29 AM said:
This hints at the Gametrac selling up to ~15000 units... Anyone knows exact numbers?

15000? The article is talking about 5000 units :D
In the first three months. It's been out another 6 months so it might have sold some more... ;)

Back