How Much Xtra Would You Have Paid For A Gp2x With:

deepmenace

Website
Visit site
hell! i'd have paid £180

built in wi-fi would have tempted a LOT of psp devs over imho. with wireless, possibilities really are endless.

and usb-otg or at least powered, digicams, mp3 players, my 1gb usb stick, hd's....

i know there's chances for mods and extras to be bolted on but....cant help thinking they've missed a trick.

i actually don't know, where these wireless stuff is for.
i also have a PSP and a DS and i didn't tried it with them. none of my friends have such a device, so i guess there's no use for it.
and for transfering files to the PSP...well a card reader is really the easiest way. and it even doesn't use PSP battery power.
and for surfing? completely unnecessary. i use a pc :)

i also have a PSP and a DS and i didn't tried it with them. none of my friends have such a device, so i guess there's no use for it.
and for transfering files to the PSP...well a card reader is really the easiest way. and it even doesn't use PSP battery power.
and for surfing? completely unnecessary. i use a pc :)

ah well, if your house aint wi-fi'd then there probably is no point but if it is:

watch movies on your pc hard disk
play mp3s from your hard disk
control your pc mouse
control winamp from the sofa
have news streamed to your gp2x as it happens
play games against other people from around the world.

and they are just the tip of the iceberg.

now if they ain't valid reasons for ya then you're just weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's a matter of cost. Time is far more valuable to GPH at the moment. They are currently snowed under with the current workload getting the GP2X out the door in its current guise. Add Wi-fi and/or USB host to that and you will be waiting till the end of 2006 before you see the device.

I don't think it's a matter of cost. Time is far more valuable to GPH at the moment. They are currently snowed under with the current workload getting the GP2X out the door in its current guise. Add Wi-fi and/or USB host to that and you will be waiting till the end of 2006 before you see the device.

yeah - point taken, i am new to this world of small tech companies. have to remind myself that GP aint another sony/sega/ms/nintendo.

what kinda size is GP? are we talking like a few hundred people?

£10-20 more, that's all I can afford.

I can't even afford a PSP.

Plus, it's almost impossible to get them here in England anyway, they've all sold out.
Besides, I don't mind, the GP2X will expand, especially in the SDIO area.

ah well, if your house aint wi-fi'd then there probably is no point but if it is:

watch movies on your pc hard disk
play mp3s from your hard disk
control your pc mouse
control winamp from the sofa
have news streamed to your gp2x as it happens
play games against other people from around the world.

and they are just the tip of the iceberg.

now if they ain't valid reasons for ya then you're just weird.

-why should i watch movies directly from my pc-hdd via the PSP on that tiny screen, if i can watch them on the TV or monitor? that is just weird.

- why should i listen to mp3's from my pc via the PSP, if i can instead listen to them on my stereo? that is really weird.

- why on earth should i control my pc mouse with my PSP ???? this is even more than just weird!

- and to the winamp-control: it's really easier to just go to the pc than booting the PSP, connecting, etc...

Now this is why I'd pay up to 20 bucks extra (perhaps even 30) for a gp32 with usb host.

- True console gaming. Connect gp2x to the tv, add a usb controller to it, and voila.

Yes, that's the only thing I need to be even more happy. :)

Back