How To Buy And Sell On Ebay

iignotus posted on Jul 6 2006 at 09:31 PM said:
LHC posted on Jul 6 2006 at 05:11 AM said:
Or, Johnny sees a sex doll he thinks looks pretty cool but isn't that bothered about whether he wins or not.

He bids £40, doesn't win, and doesn't care. Later on he bids on another sex doll and wins. Johnny is happy.
Condition, price, location, popularity, etc. all play a vital role in the "wantedness" of an item. The fact that store owners frequently buy electronic/computer merchandise also nullifies your point. On many things in eBay, you can't just sit around and wait for something to fall into your lap.
He doesn't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 6 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
I recommend that if you're a regular ebayer (like me lol. Im addicted), ALWAYS check out ebay before paying retail prices in the store. If you can save $10+ dollars and you don't need it right away, isn't it worth it?

Likewise don't always assume you'll get the best deal on ebay. My 10yo wanted a Bratz GBA game and after watching numerous auctions reach 15 - 20 quid plus postage for secondhand games just because Bratz are kewl at the moment I thought "bugger paying that for a secondhand game" and trawled google for 5 minutes. End result.A BRAND NEW Bratz game shipped from the states for under £18

BaDToaD posted on Jul 7 2006 at 11:02 AM said:
I recommend that if you're a regular ebayer (like me lol. Im addicted), ALWAYS check out ebay before paying retail prices in the store. If you can save $10+ dollars and you don't need it right away, isn't it worth it?

Likewise don't always assume you'll get the best deal on ebay. My 10yo wanted a Bratz GBA game and after watching numerous auctions reach 15 - 20 quid plus postage for secondhand games just because Bratz are kewl at the moment I thought "bugger paying that for a secondhand game" and trawled google for 5 minutes. End result.A BRAND NEW Bratz game shipped from the states for under £18
Of course, I agree. My mother wanted me to check ebay for one of those "seen on TV" things in hopes of getting a better deal. Long story short, it was more on ebay than through the phone.

BaDToaD posted on Jul 7 2006 at 04:02 PM said:

most things are cheaper from america and some people (Ihave done it too) will import things from america then sell them on ebay for a little bit less sthan the uk price.

I wrote a guide called:

Buying Retro Games and Consoles on Ebay... And, apart from the one person who apparently didn't like my guide, 26/27 people found it helpful. (which is nice, considering I've only been trawling eBay for roundabout 5 months now...)

But seriously look at it, quite nice.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 19 2006 at 07:25 AM said:
pretty good. I forgot ebay has guides from it's members :rolleyes:

.... What does that mean?

Rayek posted on Jul 20 2006 at 03:02 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 19 2006 at 07:25 AM said:
pretty good. I forgot ebay has guides from it's members :rolleyes:

.... What does that mean?
What does that mean? :huh:

iignotus posted on Jul 20 2006 at 12:18 AM said:
What does that mean? :huh:

I was asking about the rolleyes...

It means I'm an idiot and forgot there are guides on ebay written by members :)

Maybe I'll try submitting mine. You have a pretty good guide btw, I read through it and found a few things like the "sealed" trick and whatnot that I didnt know about.

Always learning I suppose....

I haven't been screwed over by that trick because I don't necessarily care if a game is brand new when I buy it... I just had to think of everything in order to write a semi-complete guide. The problem with those guides are that they're too short. You have to split them up if you want to be complete about it.

Back