How To Configure Tcp/ip In My Pandora

trevormacro

hello,

I want to configure my IP address, my passerel and DNS server in my pandora for connect to my wifi.

Where can i go in my pandora to configure this informations for my wifi ?

Thanks in advance.

1st question: Why do you need to? - or in other words, why you dont have a DHCP server doing that for you?
If you have a DHCP server, but the pandora cannot for some reason access it (wifi not really working, or some other problem), defining IP addresses manually (in most cases) wont help.

Also, "passerel" is a gateway (or default route) - it is not a common english word (atleast according to my english vocabulary) - I had to use google translate for understanding this.

I'll let someone else fill in the details of configuring the linux network stack, if that is really needed.
EDIT: Mostly because I havent actually used my pandora's wifi for anything, so I'm not qualified for giving a GUI tour.

Dont have my Pandora to hand but if you need to set it up manually, perhaps to assign static ip addresses, then from memory I believe you need to right-click on the wifi icon in the panel, and there should be an option to 'configure networks' then from here you should be able to select an network and mess about with its properties.

Back