How To Extract The Contents Of A Pnd File

xopher

Just as the topic says, I did a little bit of searching. Have I read correctly it is really an ISO file? If so, I should be able to mount it somewhere and drag-n-drop files?

xopher said:
Just as the topic says, I did a little bit of searching. Have I read correctly it is really an ISO file? If so, I should be able to mount it somewhere and drag-n-drop files?

If using Linux:

sudo mount /path/to/pnd.pnd -o loop /path/to/mountpoint

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
xopher said:

If using Linux:

sudo mount /path/to/pnd.pnd -o loop /path/to/mountpoint

Cool, thanks ED. I'm imaging in the windows world it would be changing the file extension and using a tool that mounts ISO files as well. Can always do yor recommended stop on the Pandora itself I guess too. Appreciated very much. If you reread this I don't know if anyone has PM'ed or suggested can you add Conky to the firmware image next update? Please see this thread:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55775-conky/

This is the PND I wish to extract into my NAND, think it has nice value :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using unsquashfs to extract a pnd directly using unsquashfs pnd_name.pnd on my pandora.

A compiled Arm binary is there :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/pandora/hack/unsquashfs.gz

To clarify: A PND can be either an ISO or a squashfs file (and in the future, other formats might be possible too). The mount command that ED gave above should work for any case on Linux (and Mac maybe?), but on Windows will be tougher. If it's an ISO-based PND, you can rename to .iso and mount it with Alcohol or Daemon Tools or whatever; if it's squashfs, you'll need to get squashfs-tools for Windows (which I am having trouble finding, but it looks like there's one here).

Tempel said:
To clarify: A PND can be either an ISO or a squashfs file (and in the future, other formats might be possible too). The mount command that ED gave above should work for any case on Linux (and Mac maybe?), but on Windows will be tougher. If it's an ISO-based PND, you can rename to .iso and mount it with Alcohol or Daemon Tools or whatever; if it's squashfs, you'll need to get squashfs-tools for Windows (which I am having trouble finding, but it looks like there's one here).
Remember you need SquashFS 4.0 compatible unsquashfs. If you already have cygwin then compiling unsquashfs from the tools is quite simple, but needs a little "patch"; IIRC the way squashfstools finds out the number of CPUs doesnt work with cygwin, I've just made it assume 1 CPU (you can override it with a commandline parameter if the FS is so big it matters to multithread the extract).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back