How To Get Exaile Working

daffy

Exaile doesn't work for me. Nothing happens when I try to launch it (it's in SD1's pandora/menu directory).

There is another thread, but the singal:noise is low, and it's aging. So I'm starting a new one.

As the other thread suggests, I have Hotfix 2 and the codec pack installed, and I deleted exaile's appdata directory. Makes no difference.

If I try to launch exaile then do dmesg, the only thing that seems relevant is:

aufs test_add:243:mount[2415]: uid/gid/perm /mnt/pnd/exaile.pickle 1000/1000/0755, 1000/0/0755.

EvilDragon asked: "Can anyone post the output of the /tmp_/pndrunexaile.pickle.out ?", but I have no /tmp_ directory, and creating one did not help. I do have a /tmp/exaile.pickle.png, but that appears to be a simple icon.

Possibly related is that all my apps except Thunar are unable to access my one SD card after I remove and replace it. Also possibly related is that I am unable to select files on the SD card in Thunar at random. I can see things but it doesn't respond to taps. Restarting Thunar fixes this, though.

mplayer sucks; please help! :)

I put a link to the old thread here for reference:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54568-playing-media/

Regarding Thunar: It's known to be buggy.

A general advice: Format SD Cards with the tool from the Tweaks Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
A general advice: Format SD Cards with the tool from the Tweaks Thread.
Really? The thread that introduced that tool made it sound like the issue is that Windows doesn't format an SD card correctly.

I don't have a windows box with an SD card drive, and I don't usually use Windows for much of anything except playing games. Will I have issues if I format the card in my Mac?

^ I have no Mac, so I can't help. The only fact I know is that the tool solved some problems with corrupted SD cards in the past.

/tmp/pndrunexaile.pickle.out is the log file which is needed.
Every pnd should generate a file with this pndrun... name when it starts.
Try re-booting with the sd cards inserted, and don't remove them till you've tried it.

Code:
in fork!
mountpoint: /media/mmcblk0p1
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 120: [: !: integer expression expected
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs  /dev/loop0 /mnt/pnd/exaile.pickle
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./lib/exaile/exaile.py", line 54, in <module>
    main()
  File "./lib/exaile/exaile.py", line 51, in main
    exaile = main.Exaile()
  File "/mnt/utmp/exaile.pickle/lib/exaile/xl/main.py", line 70, in __init__
    self.setup_logging()
  File "/mnt/utmp/exaile.pickle/lib/exaile/xl/main.py", line 274, in setup_logging
    from glob import glob
ImportError: No module named glob
app exited
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/exaile.pickle': Device or resource busy
rm: cannot remove `/mnt/utmp/exaile.pickle': Is a directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/exaile.pickle/.wh..wh.plnk': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/exaile.pickle/.wh..wh..tmp': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/exaile.pickle/': Directory not empty
cleanup done

Bump. Debug log is there now. I can't be the only one with this issue. :(

daffy said:
Code:
in fork!
mountpoint: /media/mmcblk0p1
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 120: [: !: integer expression expected
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
These are harmless, just bugs in the pnd_run.sh script.

The problem seems to be with one of the python library modules. do you have /usr/lib/python2.6/glob.py

more than that, I can't help with...
edit: Try hotfix3beta: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54852-pandora-hotfix-3-beta-2/page__view__findpost__p__883960

tsh said:
Try hotfix3beta: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54852-pandora-hotfix-3-beta-2/page__view__findpost__p__883960
That did it. Thanks.

Well,
Tried Exaile, and it doesn't start.
I get the green logo, and a brief welcome of some sort, and then it bombs.
I looked for the python library file mentioned above in the lib directory, and it isn't there.
Hotfix 2, then Hotfix 3 beta, then Hotfix 3 were all loaded.

WTF?

Link to pickle txt:
http://home.comcast.net/~jpickens6/BBBBB05/exaile.txt

The key part seems to me to be:

OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: './config/.local/share/exaile/music.db.dir'
Exception OSError: (1, 'Operation not permitted', './config/.local/share/exaile/music.db.dir') in <bound method DbfilenameShelf.__del__ of {}> ignored
Exception OSError: (1, 'Operation not permitted', './config/.local/share/exaile/music.db.dir') in <bound method _Database.close of {}> ignored
app exited

Back