How To Use Drmd

Website
Visit site
I recently downloaded and installed drmd 5. Every time I try to use it, it says patching mmu. I left it for a couple of hours and it still did it. If someone can help, please help me. Thanks in advance, Alterdimension.

PicoDrive is able to run a few games that DrMD can't, in addition to more accurately rendering many games w/ better sound, too. It's better on all fronts.

I put PicoDrive on the same card as DrMD and pointed them both to the same foler of games. I have ended up using the PicoDrive more. Burning Force is one of the games that runs with PicoDrive. Eliminate Down is another that now has sound. :)

You need to overclock Picodrive to get the same speed as DrMD

DTH posted on Oct 26 2006 at 07:29 PM said:
This was only the case initially.. the current version doesn't need overclocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
subcon959 posted on Oct 26 2006 at 06:30 PM said:
DTH posted on Oct 26 2006 at 07:29 PM said:
This was only the case initially.. the current version doesn't need overclocking.

In fact with the latest version of Pico Drive many games can be run a 130-140 Mhz and get full speed.

What's with all the anti-Picodrive impressions? Sure DrMD is a great piece of software, but there's nothing wrong with admitting that Picodrive is just as good, if not a little better in some cases.

I used them both when I had firmware 2.0, but now with 2.1 the only option left is Picodrive. I'm sure that someone will eventually patch DrMD to work with the new firmware (maybe even Reesy Himself ;)) One thing I loved about DrMD was its superb integration of GG and SMS, not to mention its sentimental roots tied to the good old GP32... gp32_console

- Alex

Alex. posted on Oct 26 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
What's with all the anti-Picodrive impressions? Sure DrMD is a great piece of software, but there's nothing wrong with admitting that Picodrive is just as good, if not a little better in some cases.

I used them both when I had firmware 2.0, but now with 2.1 the only option left is Picodrive. I'm sure that someone will eventually patch DrMD to work with the new firmware (maybe even Reesy Himself ;)) One thing I loved about DrMD was its superb integration of GG and SMS, not to mention its sentimental roots tied to the good old GP32... gp32_console

- Alex

I'm not seeing any anti-Picodrive posts??? One person thought (incorrectly) that it was slower than DrMD but that's it. All the other posts have been very positive about Picodrive.

I can't run games using drmd, when i select a game all I get is a fps on the top left corner and the screen just goes blank, what am I doing wrong? I am using firmware version 2.0 so it can't be that.

Either reinstall DrMD (check that you have the latest version, I believe that is 5.7), or try a different rom dump.

- Alex

darkman posted on Oct 27 2006 at 04:24 AM said:
Eliminate Down is another that now has sound. :)
Yeah, this is one of my favourite MD games. I was very happy to find that this had sound.
Gauntlet is another game that looks nicer on Picodrive.
Any game that does mid-screen palette changes will benefit - but you have to be using the 16-bit accurate renderer.
I also admire the technical aspect of Picodrive - it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that Picodrive is doing what no other handheld emulator is doing - using dual CPUs.

Hirolaser posted on Oct 27 2006 at 12:13 AM said:
I can't run games using drmd, when i select a game all I get is a fps on the top left corner and the screen just goes blank, what am I doing wrong? I am using firmware version 2.0 so it can't be that.

Alex. posted on Oct 27 2006 at 12:44 AM said:
Either reinstall DrMD (check that you have the latest version, I believe that is 5.7), or try a different rom dump.

- Alex

what format should the rom dumps be in? I extracted with winrar and it extracts to the game file which is in .md extension, I try to run that but it doesn't work

Hirolaser posted on Oct 27 2006 at 09:02 AM said:
Hirolaser posted on Oct 27 2006 at 12:13 AM said:

Alex. posted on Oct 27 2006 at 12:44 AM said:

- Alex

what format should the rom dumps be in? I extracted with winrar and it extracts to the game file which is in .md extension, I try to run that but it doesn't work

Work with .bin for me.

Back