How Well Do Diagonals Work?

EmuAlert

Still Fresh
I've heard on videos and read on these forums that the diagonal controls on the Wiz act somewhat differently than normal. Apparently, diagonals are interpreted as their own buttons, rather than the two individual buttons, but is this difference noticeable between the Wiz's D-pad and the D-pads of other handhelds?

I know that's how it was on the GP2X, but I thought the Wiz was different, but at the same time I could be totally wrong...

I think they have made it this way to be more compatible with the gp2x. Quite annoying really. I dont know if there is and way of reading the dpad as separate buttons.

I think that diagonals works like the GP2X F200. The D-PAD has four physical contacts, but the firmware generate the diagonal codes if you push two directions at once. Por example pressing UP+LEFT = UP_LEFT code. This way is transparent to the programmer, and the user.

I find the diagonals on the WiZ to be outstanding. One of (if not the) best I've ever used.

Ah, thanks for the help guys. I was a little worried about playing half of my game library for a second there.

Back