How Well Does Shinobi Run On Mame Gp32 2.2?

BazookaJo

Still Fresh
My bro is getting a GP32 for his birthday and shinobi is one of his faves.

What's it run like, and what are the best settings.

Thanks in advance

Joe.

P.S. is there a compatibility list somewhere (the one linking from Franxis's page is weel out of date)?

I don't remember the mame's version, but all the mega drive versions of Shinobi run perfectly on the emulators (am not even sure if the mame's version is better, if it was the same I advice with DrMD)

There is no arcade shinobi on the megadrive, just some similar games called revenge of shinobi etc...

Besides mame, shinobi is available on the master system, PC Engine, Amiga, Atari ST, C64 and some others.

Iorgy77 posted on Oct 13 2006 at 04:46 PM said:
There is no arcade shinobi on the megadrive, just some similar games called revenge of shinobi etc...

Besides mame, shinobi is available on the master system, PC Engine, Amiga, Atari ST, C64 and some others.
Is the mame's better? strange what you say, cause I used to play "Shinobi 3 - Return of the ninja master" which was so great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is not what you asked for, but I would recommend him getting a GP2X instead, as all the new software is coming for that device. Up to you though of course, I just thought I'd point that out :)

- Alex

I've got a GP2X - he's getting my old GP32 :D

And it was the arcade version I was after (everything else was pretty cr@ppy - though the master system was a damn fine attempt considering the spec).

My opinion is that of all the console ports, the PC Engine version was the most true to the arcade. And Shinobi is awesome, they have no mercy for your mistakes! One hit and you're gone! lol

Alex. posted on Oct 13 2006 at 11:39 AM said:
I know this is not what you asked for, but I would recommend him getting a GP2X instead, as all the new software is coming for that device. Up to you though of course, I just thought I'd point that out :)

- Alex

mboyko posted on Oct 13 2006 at 06:12 PM said:
My opinion is that of all the console ports, the PC Engine version was the most true to the arcade. And Shinobi is awesome, they have no mercy for your mistakes! One hit and you're gone! lol

Alex. posted on Oct 13 2006 at 11:39 AM said:

- Alex

The PC Engine?!?!

No power-ups or close combat animation :unsure:
NO BONUS STAGE :(
The Mandara boss 1 statue high <_<
AND The Black Turtle level completely missing :eek: .

Yup the Engine sold us short - okay the graphics were more accurate on the engine, but the master system squeezed it all in there and even added a few extras - anyone remeber the grenades, the chain for close quarters or Squirrel magic :D ?

Also not only was the bonus stage there, but it was there after each substage and you had to get a perfect to obtain magic - cool.

Whoops!

Forgot why I came here in the first place :rolleyes:

Shinobi ain't working on MAMEGP32 v2.3

It's the same Romset that's rocking and rolling on my GP2X, but on the GP32 it comes up all garbled.

Any assistance most appreciated.

Joe.

P.S. did you know that 'Shinobi' is japanese for 'Stealth' - no kidding :p See we can all play AND learn.

:ph34r: - Can he fight? Sure he can! (Shuriken - get it) :lol:

Excuse me, I'm in a VERY silly mood.

It's the same Romset that's rocking and rolling on my GP2X, but on the GP32 it comes up all garbled.

Make sure that you are using the "Old Core".

Make sure that you are using the "Old Core".

Cheers Slaneesh

I'll dig out the ROM from the 0.34b set that I've got and see if it works any better :) .

P.S. You've probably heard this a million times already, but seriously - YOU DA MAN!

Back