How Would I Go About Making A Skin?

yalborap

Website
www.geocities.com
So, the topic title gives you the basic idea. I want to make a skin. How do I accomplish this task? Is there a tutorial somewhere I could follow? Does the manual-on-a-disc have an explanation I missed? Anything?

So, the topic title gives you the basic idea. I want to make a skin. How do I accomplish this task? Is there a tutorial somewhere I could follow? Does the manual-on-a-disc have an explanation I missed? Anything?

Just download a skin like Aurora 2.0 and change the icons in Photoshop, change the backgrounds etc. etc. Very easy, but it takes lots of time if you want your skin appreciated, as in looking nice. The GP2X screen screws up alot cause it's much brighter then your PC screen so your skin has to be darker to make it look nice.

I recommend to create several images and upload them to your GP2X open them with the picture viewer to see if they look good enough. I didn't do that when I created my first skin and screwed up a couple of hours. <_<

Anyways, good luck with creating your skin and upload it to the archive, so we can see what your skills are ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Just download a skin like Aurora 2.0 and change the icons in Photoshop, change the backgrounds etc. etc. Very easy, but it takes lots of time if you want your skin appreciated, as in looking nice. The GP2X screen screws up alot cause it's much brighter then your PC screen so your skin has to be darker to make it look nice.

I recommend to create several images and upload them to your GP2X open them with the picture viewer to see if they look good enough. I didn't do that when I created my first skin and screwed up a couple of hours. <_<

Anyways, good luck with creating your skin and upload it to the archive, so we can see what your skills are ;)

Ah.

Well, I get the distinct feeling this is going to be more difficult and time consuming than I first suspected...I think I can handle it, though. Just need to find the default skin and work from there...

Ah.

Well, I get the distinct feeling this is going to be more difficult and time consuming than I first suspected...I think I can handle it, though. Just need to find the default skin and work from there...

Defualt skin is in the file archive...

It would be trivial to work up an imagemagick script that 'fixes' an image for the gp2x. Probably just a saturation and gamma adjustment.

Back