Huge Screen Issue

mali said:
^ Yep, I know every single case that has been posted here and on the German boards ;)
The problem with the nubs seems to be a general problem, as far as I can see, many devices are affected by pieces of plastic clogging up the inside. This might be a problem with the mould that leaves too much burr on the parts that fall off and get stuck between the moving parts. The copper tape is a quick workaround which should be replaced with a better solution, imo. I wonder if Craig did the hinge testing with or without this fix.
I'm really sorry to be off-topic, here, but thanks for mentioning this, mali - this explains what's happened to mine. I've been instructed to return it, so all will soon be well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
pmo5 said:
Well still no response to my email <_<

Jaquelyne gets over 100 eMails a day at the moment.
It might take 2 or 3 working days to get a reply. She's no robot :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
pmo5 said:

Aye, at least she answers. Never got a reply from ED's shop at all ;)

conso said:
EvilDragon said:
pmo5 said:

Aye, at least she answers. Never got a reply from ED's shop at all ;)

Well, I'm back with 11 days of answering... yeah,,,

Last edited:
mali said:
It might be worth considering to redesign the LCD ribbons to pass CE without having to use that copper tape. You'd get rid of the bulge in the bezel and reduce the stress on the cable/connection. ..

I really don't know if that is going to happen. Due to its nature, most lvds cables really needs shielding to comply with EMC and also to function properly (altough this is not the case for small ribbon/flex cables).
The CE test pointed out that this specific cable really needs shielding. A cable re-design can do the trick but i don't know if it's possible because i think they were designed and manufactured by the LCD company.. the pcb would also need changes if that was going to happen.
There are of course other types of shielding solutions but IMHO i think they are using the best solution for this.. (sticky-tape)

nikkopt said:
mali said:
It might be worth considering to redesign the LCD ribbons to pass CE without having to use that copper tape. You'd get rid of the bulge in the bezel and reduce the stress on the cable/connection. ..

I really don't know if that is going to happen. Due to its nature, most lvds cables really needs shielding to comply with EMC and also to function properly (altough this is not the case for small ribbon/flex cables).
The CE test pointed out that this specific cable really needs shielding. A cable re-design can do the trick but i don't know if it's possible because i think they were designed and manufactured by the LCD company.. the pcb would also need changes if that was going to happen.
There are of course other types of shielding solutions but IMHO i think they are using the best solution for this.. (sticky-tape)

No, the cable from the board to the LCD is done by us. There will be probably some changes in the cable for batch 2, mainly shielding (so that we don't need to do it manually by hand) and changing the part where the speakers are soldered so it can be done automatically. So just fixes to make things more automatic :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:

thanks :angry: , you just destroyed my sexy android fantasy.

EvilDragon said:
No, the cable from the board to the LCD is done by us. There will be probably some changes in the cable for batch 2, mainly shielding (so that we don't need to do it manually by hand) and changing the part where the speakers are soldered so it can be done automatically. So just fixes to make things more automatic :)

Nice to know that ;)

Well still no response :(. Sent the email twice to make sure as well.

They will answer and it will be replaced. I know exactly what's wrong, it's just a 2min fix at this end and it's back out to you.

I have waited 10 days for a response and still got nothing. I Just want my pandora working the way it's supposed too.

pmo5 said:
I have waited 10 days for a response and still got nothing. I Just want my pandora working the way it's supposed too.

Hey, to which adress did you send your email? I guess they are nearly drowning in work these days.
Hint for Craig: Hire some mailsupport ninja monkeys. Support thingies should be top priority (I know, just like everything else :p )

Do you have a video camera? Open the pandora (haha...) and document your fiddling on video in case Craig refuses warranty in future. I bet it is easy to fix yourself if its just the display cable connector, a plastic bit flying around or grease on the keymat.

Still waiting on a response... It's getting kind of ridiculous at this point and I hope people don't think I'm trying to troll here I'm just upset that I've had my pandora put of commission for so long and no one will respond to my email.

^ +1

@pmo5
You should start another thread and ask for the proper precedure to send it back, imo. Others had to send it back too and might be able to tell you what to do if you get no response.

Back