I Am Selling My Gp2x

Shaun

Hello all. I've been a member here for a while and I own a GP32 and GP2X. I am selling the GP2X and I'm also willing to sell my GP32 if anyone is interested. I apologise to the hard-working programmers here, but there's just nothing that appeals to me anymore.

Anyway, the GP2X is in fine condition. No scratches on the screen at all. One problem is the joystick, which has lost its clicking capabilities. This, however, is not my fault. It happened soon after I purchased it. It's GPH's fault for not giving it a better joystick anyway! To fix this, you can purchase a replacement joystick which is apparently better than the original and should be easy to install. I've had trouble getting one but I'm sure users here could help you out. It will come with two one-gigabyte SD cards, fully-boxed with the CD and anything else that was inside (e-mail me for details or post here).

I'm not sure how much I should sell it for. I've also never sold anything over the Internet so I am trying to figure out the best method of payment. If anyone is interested in the GP32, being the honest person I am, I must tell you it has one very small, hardly-noticeable scratch. I've heard there are ways to 'remove' such small scratches. The GP32 will come boxed with the original software CD if I can find it (alas, it's extremely outdated so there's probably not a point anyway as you can find updated versions of the emulators and interpreters on the main site).

I'll think of prices for them soon. I won't be asking for much. I just want to know if anybody needs a 2X/32 first. B)

Shaun posted on Mar 19 2007 at 10:40 AM said:
Hello all. I've been a member here for a while and I own a GP32 and GP2X. I am selling the GP2X and I'm also willing to sell my GP32 if anyone is interested. I apologise to the hard-working programmers here, but there's just nothing that appeals to me anymore.

Anyway, the GP2X is in fine condition. No scratches on the screen at all. One problem is the joystick, which has lost its clicking capabilities. This, however, is not my fault. It happened soon after I purchased it. It's GPH's fault for not giving it a better joystick anyway! To fix this, you can purchase a replacement joystick which is apparently better than the original and should be easy to install. I've had trouble getting one but I'm sure users here could help you out. It will come with two one-gigabyte SD cards, fully-boxed with the CD and anything else that was inside (e-mail me for details or post here).

I'm not sure how much I should sell it for. I've also never sold anything over the Internet so I am trying to figure out the best method of payment. If anyone is interested in the GP32, being the honest person I am, I must tell you it has one very small, hardly-noticeable scratch. I've heard there are ways to 'remove' such small scratches. The GP32 will come boxed with the original software CD if I can find it (alas, it's extremely outdated so there's probably not a point anyway as you can find updated versions of the emulators and interpreters on the main site).

I'll think of prices for them soon. I won't be asking for much. I just want to know if anybody needs a 2X/32 first. B)
Okay, first there is a buying/selling forum.

Secondly, there isn't any "replacement joystick" There are replacement caps for the joystick, and replacement joysticks of the exact same quality.

And of course you don't mention if it is a MK1 or MK2, those who are serious would want to know. MK1 has a better screen (if it works) if you plan to do a d-pad mod or something to fix the horrible stick rotation.

MK2 has a re-designed board and makes 5V for USB, also the same stick has been turned by 45 degrees to make it much more responsive and add a bit to its longevity.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you have with the gp32, is it a BLU, FLU or NLU ? How much would you sold it ?

I "can" be interested.

paxl13

Shaun, if it is of perfect condition other than the stick click thing, I'd be looking for about £100-110 posted perhaps... Just my opinion.

Nubie, I apologise. I don't post here often and I was in a hurry. I can't believe I forgot to mention the models. Well, the GP2X was purchased from Craig's store on 23rd June '06. I never really looked into the model type. As for the GP32, it's definitely BLU. Isn't there a BLU+? Maybe it's that one. I'll check for sure later. I know it's definitely one of the best.

That sounds like a good price recommendation Nova, thanks. I inspected my 2X closer last night. I had my desk lamp on really bright to look at the screen. It kind of annoyed me to spot it, but if you hold it at a certain angle there's this really faint scratch (I don't know if you could call it a scratch). I can only ever see it if I turn my lamp on (really bright!) and hold it an an awkward angle and I doubt anyone would be playing it like that, personally. ;) It looks perfect when you're playing it.

If you guys really want, I can try and get a video of the GP32 and GP2X in action. I'm being totally honest about the condition. They're both fine except the minor problems I have mentioned - the tiny mark on the GP32 screen and the joystick which can be easily fixed on the 2X. (I'd hardly call the almost non-visible mark I found last night a problem.)

Edit: paxl, what do you mean by what I have? It didn't come with anything other than the 128-meg card and an outdated software CD. Actually, I think it came with the CD that has the USB drivers. I guess it's quite important that I find that.

Edit 2: I've been thinking that I may perhaps start a little auction in this thread for the GP32. It will start at £25. I still need to find out how much postage will actually set me back so I'll get back to you on that tomorrow.

A video would be nice :) .

Also as said in the first post can I have details of whats included. Is it the USB cable and headphones. Is there a
AC adapter-UK?

Thanks

Eddie

Please post in my new thread in future. It's me who the mods'll be after if this thread's brought back from the dead! :ph34r:

It comes with a USB cable. I never got an AC adapter. I did get a some really good rechargeable batteries but I want to keep them. Real handy for the Game Boy Color I recently purchased. It never came with headphones. I'll try and record some footage later then.

Back