I Cant Install The Sdl Files

Khayman

Still Fresh
When i read the userguide it say
"The GP2X supports SDL which is a development library for multiple devices and operating systems. Games using SDL may require library files to be installed to the GP2X in order for them to work correctly, you will only need to install these once. You can download the SDL files from the GP2X Archive at http://archive.gp2x.de/ The SDL files are in a Zip archive format so you can simply extract the two files (install_libs.gpu and install_libs.tar.gz) straight to the GP2X"

So i search for the files in the arkive kaled SDL and get a lot of files... wich one am i to use??? and in them i cant find "install_libs.gpu and install_libs.tar.gz"... where can i find them and why should i install these... sorry if this been asked before... but i couldent find anything about it...

It says in the latest userguid to install it so i guess its meant to be that way.. i installed it now.. thanks again

Wite_Noiz posted on Jul 25 2006 at 04:15 PM said:
Can someone confirm if this is still necessary under FW2.0? I thought SDL came as standard now?
SDL always came as standard, but there are many additional SDL libraries (net, mixer, image etc) and FW1 didn't include everything. FW2 includes more, but I don't know if there may still be some common ones missing. For most stuff it doesn't even matter because the majority of applications embed the necessary libraries within the executable and ignore the ones on the gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back