I Did Stuff

otaco

Still Fresh
Website
www.otaco.de
Uiuiui, I updated some of the demos coming with the gloost framework gloost.org. I.e. there is a new gpgpu example using two FBO- 16bit-color-attachments to process a wave simulation. I also updated the stardust demo which now uses the scenegraph to build the world. You can shoot stuff too, like you can see here:

HD Video on Youtube

And at last there is the latest stable version of wcip :p . (It's not my latest, but the last tested one)

title_screen.jpg

There are many changes since the last alpha:
- Ships are now send in different sizes, to save some resources
- There are now 3 different A.I.s which are all more advanced then the A.I of the latest beta
- you can vary the size of the map with your mousewheel. just zoom to a size of your choice and press 'c' to create a map of this size
you can use this to zoom too, but this feature is not implemented so well right now.
- screen setup is now independent from resolution, so if you have a 1920x1200 screen you can set the size and play fullscreen with about hundred planets.

I'm a little short of time at the moment, so if somebody could make a wcip build for the community for linux or win, that would be great.

All the demos and of course the framework coming in source...

EDIT:
Here is a fresh cvs checkout of gloost, with the best demos build for windows XP/vista/7. Just go to "<gloost>/win32/bin" and run the demos...

Download gloost cvs checkout

alpha_0.024_00.jpg

alpha_0.024_01.jpg

alpha_0.024_02.jpg

alpha_0.024_03.jpg

...and some more

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, does the latest Demo of wcip finaly work under Vista 64?
The last one crashed my entire system instantly and your program was the first one ever, that was able to do this. Nothing helped, no 32 Bit Mode, no compatibility mode, nothing. Because the Pandora arrives maybe Christmas, I wanted to try the game onto my PC...somehow. ^^

It's compiled on win7 64bit, to win32. I tested it with win7 64bit and XP 32 bit. The package will compile on all windows versions (+linux (read the README.TXT in the gloost folder)), so just download codeblocks and compile the game yourself if you want to be sure.

Olexxy said:
Any news on this fine looking game ? I can't wait to play this :)
Looks like otaco was last active in June of last year. I'll go with "not likely", unless he's been waiting for his Pandora all this time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back