I Get This Now...

MaGaIn

Still Fresh
I realize that my ability to defend myself as well as my reputation has been removed. Just to let everyone know my post about being realisitic was taken over by the board moderators and I am now unable to reply to it. Let me warn you: Don't post anything about the Pandora unless it makes it look really good. To sum it up this board hates GPH and the GP2X (who created open source gaming) and has decided to support the Pandora, which copied off of the GP2X

Maybe if you actually knew what the fuck you were talking about, people would actually take you seriously! It's a stunning concept, I know, but you should try it some time.

Wow, I never knew GPH actually INVENTED open source gaming! :D :D

Hey if this keeps up we might get 2 lol! files in the same day ;)

would you like some cheeese with your whine? sorry i had to say that :p

anyway i haven't read the whole post, but being blocked out of a specific thread is LAME, if it did happen that way. and i do not like the pandora, too.

i have to say though it's a relief to see that the pandora has it's own subforum..

It was moved to the LOL files which is basically the deleted archive. No-one can reply to it expect for Admins and Moderators. In short, it is just locked.

MaGaIn: It was locked/moved because none of your arguments held any weight and the whole thing just got tiresome to reply to. Take a look at Mr B's posts against the Pandora, none of the threads or posts have been removed.

@ MaGaIn

I moved your previous thread to the lol files, Because you seem to have a one track mind, With no intentions of listening to the members here who were replying to that thread, Who have a lot more knowledge about what is going on in this community with regards to GPH the GP2x and the Pandora than you seem to have. As you have appeared to have made up your mind to what you want to believe and no one and nothing that anyone will say would seem to make you change your mind.

So you basically turned your own thread into a complete joke, With you constantly spamming and bashing comments, Opinions and facts that anyone put forward.

This one will go the same way if you carry on as you did in the last one.

Trooper

You are unbelievable. Do you actually get anything right? But please, do keep posting!

MacgaIn for guru, obviously...

Ravnos said:
Maybe if you actually knew what the fuck you were talking about, people would actually take you seriously! It's a stunning concept, I know, but you should try it some time.
zing

Last edited by a moderator:
MaGaIn said:
I realize that my ability to defend myself as well as my reputation has been removed. Just to let everyone know my post about being realistic was taken over by the board moderators and I am now unable to reply to it. Let me warn you: Don't post anything about the Pandora unless it makes it look really good. To sum it up this board hates GPH and the GP2X (who created open source gaming) and has decided to support the Pandora, which copied off of the GP2X
I am going to credit you with more then trolling and take the time to write a response. Please prove me right :D.

My first point would be that you seem to know very little about the scene you seem so passionate about. I would really strongly suggest you look into the history surrounding homebrew, open source and GPH's role in that (especially with regards to the GP2X only being ‘open source’ in the GPL sense only after legal proceedings being started etc.).

The GP2X sits within the open source gaming niche due to the way distributors chose to market the machine not through any intention of GPH. GPH always did (and still do) intend the GP2X to be another PMP, just like every other clone MP4 player. It was the history of the GP32 and the community that chose to reappropriate the device to where it is now ;).

GPH benefit from that but do nothing to promote the scene, which is a very real gripe people hold with GPH. The promotion tends to come from the distributors who, quite reasonably, want to feed the niche market as it leads to sales. That lack of promotion and poor quality control seems to have lead to a number of the distributors asking the question, can we do it better ourselves?

As for the board hating the GP2X, considering the many many years of work the people who replied to the thread in the Pandora forum have put into the GP2X (and many other consoles) it is not unreasonable to take a great deal of offence from that comment (I know I would).

Pandora is currently an unreleased product. If you want to see how things develop then chip in with constructive comments, good and bad, but daft stuff about development tools or software library’s, or hatred of another console are just that, daft. Oh, and the 1st run of GP2X’s was much less then 3000.

Whist I am personally happy to take anybody’s views on board and in fairness a lot of this board are also open to good, well constructed, comments. You seem to take a standpoint and not be open to any comments to the contrary. That single mindedness at the expense of overwhelming information to the contrary is called trolling, pure and simple, and just leads to you starting off bitchy threads.

Yes, there is some fanboy crap and a disconcerting pirate focus that goes on here and this regularly puts me off reading and posting but there is at least a core that respects what devs do with the consoles, both the GP2X and Pandora and anything else for that matter.

The simple answer is that if something is not for you don’t get involved. The Pandora does not seem to appeal to you so you may as well leave it be. Any problems with it are going to fall out of the woodwork soon enough and you don’t strike me as the early adopter type. If you have a GP2X then get stuck into that aspect of these boards. It’s not like that scene is dead or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god... this is priceless. GPH inventing opensource gaming... a gp32 and gp2x related forum hating gp2xs...

seriously, I own 2 gp2xs and a gp32, still I think you are a moron. How does that prove I am a gp2x hater again? Do some research. No... actually don't. Keep blabbering mindless mambojambo, it's fun to read your blasphemies to intelligence and common sense.

@DJWillis: I am truly impressed. I wouldn't even have taken the time to respond.

GPH are a bunch of Korean nitwits and the GP2X is a poorly-manufactured device.

But we love them all the same :wub:

damn... I said I was owning an F200... well in theory I do. Fuck. I got a note that a parcel was waiting for me at the post office and I thought it was my F200 I have been waiting for. When I went to pick it up I discovered it was a tiny envelope containing a couple of screws and an SMC Card of Dungeon and Guarder (which doesn't work) that I had gbax send as remedial as they forgot to include this stuff.

Damn... I have been waiting for almost 6 weeks now for this parcel from Canada. Something might have seriously gone wrong!

@xno: if it's from gamersection and they have a shortage, it will take alil while... this happened to me when I ordered my F100 some years ago.

My f200 was quick to arrive, but then again I am in the same city the shop is located =)

@nickspoon: yeah I feel like telling the n00bz: "you think my life is SO boring that I'd waste THAT much time bitching over something I don't even like?!"

Back