GP2X I Give You My Way To See The Gba Emulation

newage

Still Fresh
BABLE FISH poor transletion:
I wrote this for give you my way to see the Gba emulation.
I'm Spanish and I don't want to translate all this to english. By this I have used the babel fish page. Sorry. And sorry by our president. I feel much pain by the delayed image of of our presidents. I request thousand excuses to you. I'm very sorried.

That it happens? That one does not go away to do good emu for neogeoCD and gba? Single we must put to us so that it is the definitive console of 8-16 emulation bits + gba. I am going away to put in serious with asm of arm because we must remove all the juice to this console. Personally I am going away to involve in emus of neogeoCD and Gba to put them to the 95%-100%, that it can. Of emulation but not to assembler itself, C/CPP, pascal, etc... The only dificult thing will be the Gba. But if it is wanted can.

I animate to you to that we put in this post the technical questions to save in the emulation of neoGeoCD and the Gba. The technical connections to the processors of these: arm of gba, m68k, z80 and secondary. Techniques of emulation. Recompilación, etc.. (Both types of recompilacion). Virtualizacion or something so it is wanted to apply to the Gba that is explained. In addition to the tecnicas questions of the use of the coprocessor and techniques to apply to remove the maximum yield to him. Opcodes of arm920T. Etc...

I believe that it is an action for damages in front of console GP2X. Because if single we are going to play snes, badly we go. All we know that he is better a coprocessor than but Mhz and that without 90% asm by emulator we will not obtain the objective, but if we do it thus and we collaborated between all giving ideas (Those that can) will be really a worthy successor of the Gp32 that I never had, but no. All this in our hands, to program has been said.

I hope that this it is the subject where all we pruned to inform us into the tecnicas questions and links to the emulators in desaroollo or into which is possible to be obtained infomacion technical. A greeting!

#######################################################
can you put post fixed? Thanks

Uff is very late at night. I have been with tableaux of the logica of predicates of first order. Memez goes if me it had studied it in his time. Good posteo to say that to not hagais me the ball, that if posteo this is so that we put ourselves to work.

Mmmm. I have been watching the Gba and according to it seems the only alternative that we must to obtain the 100% is to run opcodes in the processor of the GP2X. I suppose that if we do this we must solve certain difiiles things but to implement that in a classic emulator.

The processor arm of the Gba and at least the main one of the GP2X seems very compatible. In serious they are not compatible 100%. The one of the Gba is the ARM7TDMI and if mirais: arm920T Vereis that puts in the first pagina in great letters that is compatible with strongarm and with ARM7TDMI. Put us to egg those of Gam Park "to droughts" so that no longer I am created the one of which they are had separated (preveen the tecnicas characteristics of proxima GP third would be and it says that it supported 3D and wifi XGP? GP2X are not similar names? as they are these koreanos).

Good the case is that they have done it to safe proposito. Now the difficulties and questions come... It is necessary well to use the first processor like semiemulator of gba in the question of the processor since this is the one that efectua the software interruptors (SWI opcode) and I believe that the able one is procesdo main only to make this ademas of because wrath but fast since the main one of the emulator is "to semiemulate" the processor of the GBA. We must implement a BIOS that implements the interruptions of the GBA.

Buff and but things, it is necessary to watch if the timers agree and the control systems. There are many things that having even programmed some operative things of sist. I do not have nor idea of which they are. But luckily I have the laborious book of minix with one traducion to the Spanish-speaking Spanish by (Without offending I say it because the one that has written the book eats phrases in Castilian that and Spanish sound frightful simply does not know to translate with a 100% of corecctitud, which straight I am) a Good one already will watch it.

The question with which I want to let to you reflect is that I cosay of the GBA is compatible with the one of the GPX2 (100%) and tendriamo that to watch the memory map of the GBA to put ahi the bios in memory and demas rolls.

And in addition to place the emulator by above absolutely of the ram so that it does not bother to the games of the GBA and upon implementing the interruptions to watch incompatibilidades and to solve them of which would order to the emulator when coming out to put a good filter to him and scaled ademas of screen like option. The thing is that to implement this necesitariamos multithread and ademas to rular would have to run without loading Linux.

That they have said that will be able. Reason why it will be necessary to implement multitread or as it is said multiple threads we go. Good this is my general concept of the emulator to do without much idea of emulation.

As you see is not facil, but he is not either dificil because we took off to have to emulate the processor, single the incompatibilidades. I suppose that there would be to take and to be watching opcodes of the game and if is compatible runs in the processor quizas not habria that to watch one by one but to watch compatible groups of or something asi and despues the question is that the emulator gathers the PC.

Dificicult ehh already I will think something. Soon also this the synchronization of this with refresh of the screen and climbed and the filter of this with the coprocessor ademas of other things like timer and others. The bios program in assembler. That is the indespensable assembler so far. The rest would go in C when we put ourselves. That ideas happen geniuses to you? That for that this this post. You remember that I do not have nor pija of emulators never I have progrmado one.

Tell me the incoherences or difficulties extra of which comment here. The neogeo we would help programming things in asm of arm and nothing but. It is to say nothing tectnico if not to take I cosay of high level pasrloa to asm simpllifcando flow of program to minimo and that that is not little. Although I do not believe that there is to touch much because surely that curran it for neogeoCD the one of gba is but complicated.

Good I heard Vangelis and the BSO of finalfantasy. If it is that I am very friki and I have very good pleasure. :rolleyes: :D

do you realy tink anyone wants to read 2 pages of badly translatet bablefish crap about a topic that most people are annoyd of?

It was thinking about the use of the coprocessor.

I have never programmed for a coprocessor.
And it wanted that aclarasemos us between all the use of this in assembler, although when it leaves the SDK would be seen but to be advancing.

Well, which thought is that if there is to indicate that opcodes has to execute the coprocessor the flow of the main processor would stagnate and would not serve as anything. That simple mind but I have. To if that it watches opcodes of coprocessor.

There are three types: those of registry transference I thought to understand those of ram handling and those of process of instructions we go what it interests to me to cause that the coprocessor executes things - opcodes.

CDP{cond} [ copr ], [ op1 ] CRd, CRn, CRm {, [ op2 ]}

That psa a list of opcodes to execute or a direction of memory where esten these instructions?
To my it seems to me that the second. Mmmm, that rare format but. The question is that the solution would be that the coprocessor handled the emulator in the part but high of the ram whereas the main processor that is compatible the 100% with the processor of the GBA executed I cosay of the game of the GBA thing that does not happen with the coprocessor then already

I have watched it. And asi to save multithreads and to give him a speed to us of h.o.s.t.i.a dunked in wine But like controlling him main processor from the coprocessor? Mmm and in addition I believe that the SDL would not serve to us like interface of the emulator and would be necessary to program it to hair thing that devería not to scare to us.

Good really I believe that this is quite praiseworthy. All the emulator would program itself in assembler and we would save many pijadas ( idiot things in english??).

1º) To load the emulator in the top of the ram. It is necessary to watch in this sizes of the segments and size of the emulator ademas of other things but programmed in assembler would occupy little.

2º) To pass the control of the emulator to the coprocessor.

3º) To load BIOS at the beginning [:::top, buff this babel translator is a **** :)] of the ram as map of the GBA indicates the I/O to us.

4º) To begin to execute I cosay of the game despues to load the image and to be controlling the main processor from the coprocessor to make interface between the calls to hardware controls of the GBA and the real devices of the GPX2: timers, LCD, sound, etc... comorrr?

That is the idea of the superhiperemulator of newage. Now it is necessary to see if it can be carried out. I believe that there are possibilities, to rectify to me if I am mistaken. in any case s I am mistaken dare already tells me when we begin now I am going to watch examples of coprocessor use to enassembler.

NOTE: In this emulator when sobrewriting ram memory from the beginning to the ill of the GBA opened that to put reseteo of the GPX2 when leaving the emulator so that it becomes to load everything. Habra that to implement the handling of archives of the SD and FLASH memory in assembler to hair without aid of OS nor na, is to say without predefined interruptions. What I propose is complicated but of course the yield would be superb

#######################################################
Sorry for the machine translation. I hope that you understand everything. Sorry.
I'm very sorry :unsure:

Regards
newage of www.gp32spain.com
Original post in spanish language: spanish post

I think I can help...

camino a través de los campos de perros, comiendo los lollipops, delfines en mi empanada cuando el gobierno encontró a espías, subsistencia izquierda con el miembro en pasos de la mano cuatro en izquierda veré los desperdicios, pechos grandes no bastante hombre hambriento, diente derecho ocho para ir.

Muchos gracies,

Vimacs posted on Sep 3 2005 at 07:11 PM said:
do you realy tink anyone wants to read 2 pages of badly translatet bablefish crap about a topic that most people are annoyd of?

All right I design a UML scheme in english of the emulator of gba when I have the design I will post a reply...

Sorry! <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand nothing except that someone is trying to make a GBA and NeoGeo emu and it is difficult.

Maybe use the cyclone ASM 68k emu for NeoGeo?

Just answer this:

Do you think a GBA emulator is possible at a playable speed with sound? Yes? No?

Do you think a NeoGeo emulator is possible at a playable speed with sound? Yes? No?

Do you think a SNES emulator is possible at a perfect speed with sound? Yes? No?

That is all we need to know.

gba would even be possible at gp32, just look at gp advanced, same concept have to be used on gpx2, but it dosnt look like someone is realy intrested in it.
ngcd and snes is definality possible.

look at the DC, there's a perfekt neogeocd emulator. the hardware in'ns much better than the hardware og the gp so i also thinks it's defently possible.

i thinke the rumors around gph says that there will be an verry good emulator of the snes. so stay tuned für the releaselist of the gp2x.

about gba it could bepossible. maybe not at full speed but für rpgs it should be enough power, for playable versions.

WTF! OMFG!!!!
Sorry people, i'm spanish too and all i can say is... sorry.
Newage, can't you ask anyone for a proper translation instead of using crapelfish?
(And, i don't want to do it, before you ask)

MIK posted on Sep 3 2005 at 05:38 PM said:
look at the DC, there's a perfekt neogeocd emulator. the hardware in'ns much better than the hardware og the gp so i also thinks it's defently possible.

Oh, crap. Another one who doesn´t know the difference between RISC and CISC. :(

Actually the DC is way more powerful than the GP32.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell that the best way to create a gba emulator is program in a processor the emulator an run the code of the gba rom in the other processor.
Because the main core is 100% binary compatible with the gba processor.

The emu will be in the top segment of the ram and the bios, etc... maped in the rest of RAM memory. The main processor run the gba code and the coprocessor control the PC - R15 register of the main processor that run the gba code.

And the emulator control the DMA hardware control sistems with a interface with GP2X hardware. Should make a bios in asm arm and... well all emulator will run in assembler.

Implement IRQ (exceptions of the gba bios on the GP2X), etc...
The program is a interface of the hardware.

The emu reboot the GP2X for reload the GP2X system in the end of the emulator.

Thanks!! :unsure:

Oh, crap. Another one who doesn´t know the difference between RISC and CISC. 

Actually the DC is way more powerful than the GP32.

Yes! It's right

We can not understand most of your first 3 posts..go to gp32spain.com and someone will translate it for us. Sorry, babelfish is junk for most things.

of course it is.
but as your posts are not understandable i figured you want to do something simmilar. Did you know of gpa before?
are you a coder at all? or are you just giving idears for others?

The concept was already discussed briefly around earlier in the week in the GP2X section of the forum. So people are already thinking about it, but it's a bit early as no one has the sytem to be able to start working on it.

Also, an MMU is required for this kind of emulation, and only the ARM920T (the main processor) has this MMU, so that is the one that would be needed to emulate the processor of the GBA. We don't know if the other processor is capable of doing everything else, as it is only meant as a slave.

Also, Gamepark only provide an SDL library for Linux so far, so it may take a while to do the low level operations you are suggesting (ie. it certainly won't be possible with linux running in the background!).

Back