I Have A Dream...

keaft

this may not seem logical but...

what if over wifi you could walkie talkie to someone.
the range would be bad but just enough for ding dong ditching.... :ph34r: include chat box just incase you cant talk because someone is close.. make sure to keep the pandoras light covered.

you could have the pandora look for close by pandoras
and/or
go through a local wifi router into a specific channel where many pandoras could chat.

got to admit that would be much easyer than going and finding batteries everytime you needed to go ding dong ditching, or talking with a long distance friend.

i wonder how many people with pandoras will actually be near enough for this to ever happen! well, maybe at comic-con or something.

I assume often enough, for those who bought more then one Pandora. For the rest of us, not very often at all I would imagine.

This idea didn't get much traction the last time it came up either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... this seems like it could be a useful idea. Voice chat over ad hoc WiFi if you're within 100m, switch to internet chat using a wireless access point (if available) if you're out of range. Cell phones are ubiquitous enough to probably work better though. A distance estimator for finding people might be more beneficial. I.e. press a button and hear a sound effect based on what works:

Nothing: > 100 m = "Cold"
Just WiFi: < 100 m, > 10 m = "Warm"
WiFi and Bluetooth: < 10 m = "Hot"

Signal strength could further refine this, but people might freak out if you started waving the Pandora around and it starts beeping (like a Geiger counter).

I don’t think I’ve ever met any one with a gp2x (in person I mean).
I don’t expect to ever see another Pandora either.
I’ve been to dub meets and I always wave to other mk1 drivers, but they are a bit more obvious (although probably just as rare.)

I also never met anyone with a gp2x. I did once meet someone who knew what it was, and another time met someone who had briefly owned a gp32. Then again, I don't live in a densely populated area, I'd be more likely to see a deer with a Pandora stuck to its face than another human being with one.

On the other hand, if the Pandora were to have epic sales numbers, I could see the fun in this. :) And I do hope to see those epic sales numbers!

keaft said:
this may not seem logical but...

what if over wifi you could walkie talkie to someone.
the range would be bad but just enough for ding dong ditching.... :ph34r: include chat box just incase you cant talk because someone is close.. make sure to keep the pandoras light covered.

you could have the pandora look for close by pandoras
and/or
go through a local wifi router into a specific channel where many pandoras could chat.

got to admit that would be much easyer than going and finding batteries everytime you needed to go ding dong ditching, or talking with a long distance friend.
Isn't this essentially the same as the msn 'record sound clip' function?

As I said: I have documentated the full TS2 protocol, I m going to release a teamspeak client (maybe even a server) for the pandora.
I also plan on adding TS: Classic and TS3 support once its out.

JayFoxRox said:
As I said: I have documentated the full TS2 protocol, I m going to release a teamspeak client (maybe even a server) for the pandora.
I also plan on adding TS: Classic and TS3 support once its out.
Awesome! :D

Thanks in advance.

Back