(i Know It Is Not Opensource) Could Pandora Run Gothic?

giovanni

Hello! (I'm a new user....)
Sorry for the bad English, but i'm Italian and I speak it only at school... You could understand :D ......
Ok...
What about Gothic on Open Pandora?

I know this is impossible because of the nature "not Open" of that software but, acording to the OpenPandoras' Hardware capabilities, could it run?
I read on Wikipedia that its system requirements (not the minimal ones) are: 600Mhz CPU, 200MB Ram, 32MB GPU so.....
I asked that only in the hope of a (I wish! <_< ) Gothic's open-relase ...................................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you explain me the differences beetwen ARM software and X86 ones?
Is porting (having Source code) easy?

Thank you for the answers
Giovanni

P.S: I could registr myself with my real name without '92 or '_94 (I'm the first :) )
P.P.S: What about my english? :)

I think its very unlikely that the source will come out anytime soon (it might never) - but there are lots of informations on the file structures etc.
So your best bet would be to find someone who rewrites the engine, or you have to do it yourself.

But from the technical point of view, there shouldn't be any problem.

The other questions were answered often enough in other threads

- Your english is fine, but you better not ask how your english is: because if its fine, it makes you look like a poser "He, ma english is great? ain't it?"

the difference between ARM and x86 is like an english speaking english with an russian that don't understand english and just speak russian

Thank you for your answer
If I am become a poser means that the world will fall soon... :)
Don't worry....I am an idiot.... i know this ;).......

I didn't understand why these big Software house, after some years from the relase, don't relase (even with fee) their games' source.
Yes, they won't able to benefit so much by this (in terms of money) but, however, they will certeinly acquire a lot of popularity..... I think that acording to the earning that currently come from Gothic I this is the best choice......
:)

espessially in the case of gothic, I think that PiranaBytes are ashamed that people laughs at their code....

I've played trough gothic 1 about 2 weeks go...
it was a pain in the ass....i dont remember why i used to like this game...
i died about 3000 times during the whole game. 2900 times because of bugs -.-

Back