I Need Help From English Native Speaker

NokFrt

Still Fresh
Hi,

I'm looking for native english speaker who can help me with correction of this short english text: http://www.1-easysoft.com/Text.txt. (The text is probably translated well, but native speaker can recognized that the text is not written by native speaker)

I know that this doesn't have anything in common with GP2X, but I need help with this and I didn't have any other idea how to quickly find some english native speaker.

I'm currently working on a new GP2X game. It's a platform game that I previously made for mobile phones. The GP2X port will have some new improvements (multiple layer backgrounds, sounds, some new graphics and probably some new levels). The current version is perfecly playble on GP2X, but there are still missing a lot of things and unfortunately I don't have currently much time to work on it, so I don't know when it will be released.

GP2X_HD.PNG

Thank you

Tomas

Welcome to EasyLanguage!

EasyLanguage is a program that teaches foreign languages in an easy and enjoyable way aimed mainly at learning new vocabulary. You can take 4 free trial learning themes ('The House', 'In The Kitchen', 'Food', 'The Human Body') and if you are satisfied you can purchase a registration number to activate the other learning themes.

We hope that you will be satisfied with the program and that it will help you to study a foreign language.

The main features of EasyLanguage are:
- Hundreds of words and phrases
- Each word is accompanied by a hand-drawn picture and the voice of a native speaker
- Possibility to expand with your own learning themes
- A sophisticated system of lessons and tests
- A two-way dictionary
- Possibility to print an illustrated dictionary

Hey, that game of your's looks amazing! will we have to pay for it or is it free? anyway, it sure looks like a killer-app!

Probably the game will be a freeware or only a little paymant will be required. I'm no sure about this yet. I'll release a demo version first and then I decide if the game will commercial or a freeware. This game has already been released for mobile phones, but my distribution capabilities is probably very poor and I didn't gain anything on it.

Afaik, it's considered more correct to spell out number below a certain value. Below ten, twenty, something along those lines. So better to spell out four as well. The text could do with some punctuation as well, commas specifically.

English is not my first language, however, but then again that hasn't stopped many native speakers from mutilating English, so maybe it's not that much of an impediment after all.

I would go for something like:

Welcome to EasyLanguage!

EasyLanguage is a program for teaching foreign languages in an easy and enjoyable way, aimed mainly at the learning of new vocabulary. Try the four free learning themes (House, In the Kitchen, Food, Human Body) and, if you are satisfied, you can buy a registration number to activate the other themes.

We hope you will be satisfied with the program and that it will help your foreign language studies.

The main features of the program are:
- hundreds of words and phrases
- each word is accompanied by a hand-drawn picture and the voice of a native speaker
- the potential to extend a program with your own learning themes
- a sophisticated system of lessons and tests
- a two-way dictionary
- the option to print an illustrated dictionary

k3nn posted on Feb 26 2007 at 07:43 PM said:
I would go for something like:

Welcome to EasyLanguage!

EasyLanguage is a program for teaching foreign languages in an easy and enjoyable way, aimed mainly at the learning of new vocabulary. Try the four free learning themes (House, In the Kitchen, Food, Human Body) and, if you are satisfied, you can buy a registration number to activate the other themes.

We hope you will be satisfied with the program and that it will help you in your foreign language studies.

The main features of the program are:
- hundreds of words and phrases
- each word is accompanied by a hand-drawn picture and the voice of a native speaker
- the potential to extend a program with your own learning themes
- a sophisticated system of lessons and tests
- a two-way dictionary
- the option to print an illustrated dictionary
I like that translation best, although I made one minor addition (in bold).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yono posted on Feb 27 2007 at 01:59 AM said:
I like that translation best, although I made one minor addition (in bold).

Yeah, better your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We hope you will be satisfied with the program and that it will help your foreign language studies" is poorly constructed.

The list needs commas at the end, with the last one having a nice juicy full stop :)

Back