I Want To Buy A Gp2x But...

superjakob

Still Fresh
first i'm new to GP32/GP2X community and never had a GamePark device in my hands (i want to know about its capabilities etc). Second i want to know when the 2nd edition of the GP2X will be released (i heard much bad things about the first). And i want to know if it really supports SDIO cards (will any card 'fit' that has linux drivers?).

first i'm new to GP32/GP2X community and never had a GamePark device in my hands (i want to know about its capabilities etc). Second i want to know when the 2nd edition of the GP2X will be released (i heard much bad things about the first). And i want to know if it really supports SDIO cards (will any card 'fit' that has linux drivers?).
You can find all of its capabilities at www.gp2x.com and this site also and the second edition would be out 1Q 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Er, wha?

Capabilities: Plastered all over this site, GP2X.com, the Internet in general... Check wiki.gp2x.org for a very good listing of them. It's not hard to find.

2nd Edition? Been ruled out in the near future. It was only a rumor started by miscommunication in any case.

Bad stuff? It's all firmware related, i.e. not trouble with the unit, but trouble with the software. You'll note that nearly everyone with a problem on this forum has either fixed it or is waiting on new firmware.

"if it really supports SDIO cards". No reason to believe it doesn't, not that anyone I know of has tested it as yet. The physical devices are certainly capable of it, though whether linux support for these devices exists is questionable. If it ever exists, it will exist on the GP2X, and quickly, believe you me.

Anyway, now you can be flamed by others for being a lazy, ignorant fool.

Er, Rob, you mean the second PRODUCTION RUN, which is not really a second EDITION, as it's the same as regards all specifications. Correct?

Er, Rob, you mean the second PRODUCTION RUN, which is not really a second EDITION, as it's the same as regards all specifications. Correct?
Yeah, I mean that but superjakob meant it too so it doesn't really matter how youu will call it plus each site (including lik-sang) call it GP2X second edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back