I Want To Play System Shock On My Gp2x...! =)

xtravbx

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Let's get this straight.

I'm a total n00b when it comes to hardware emulation, coding, the whole 9 yards. What I'm really good at, is following directions to make things work, but in no way have any idea about WHY I'm making things work. So to let everyone know, if I'm saying something totally ridiculous, please don't flame me. You've been warned.

Now to the point. Is playing System Shock possible on the GP2X. With full sound / voice clips, etc.

I remember playing it on my 486/66mhz machine back in the day. I suppose that may mean nothing though really. But what are the chances of playing some older games like this, without using DOSBOX? I've heard dosbox really is not very capable of running any sort of power hungry program.

Just shooting the idea out there....

I dont know if it runs in Dosbox, but if it does, it will be totally unplayable.
Even Descent, which has much lower hardware requirements runs at only 6fps.

xtravbx posted on Sep 2 2006 at 02:39 PM said:
I'm starting to realize, that this isnt going to happen... =/

well, it could someday.

have you talked to the devs of TSSHP? maybe they can be roused, especially if they have some gp2x thrown at them or something (speaking of that strategy, any word on zelda classic?)

also, TSSHP source is there ... maybe someone else could pick it up if the original devs are no longer interested.

i don't think dosbox is the answer. it struggles enough with number munchers :)

ps how is cleveland? i was just there to see matthew herbert play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back