IBM Creates Commercially Viable, Electronic-Photonic Integrated Chip.

yep, we might be in for a good internet speed in the near-mid future :D

edit: ops, my bad for reading to fast, it is more a chip to chip speed I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is old news for me, but I'm employed at IBM..

I'm a Test Applications Engineer for ASIC and Custom Logic Semiconductors... Boiled down I generate test programs to test the functionality of computer chips both at the Silicon Wafer level and the final Module Level that's ready to be put into the main product. My work is mostly automated.. feed it inputs and it spits out a program, but still need to dig deep into the code to fix/change things. Diagnostic work is challenging as you need to know the electronic aspects of the job on top of a good knowledge of programming. I would explain more, but I'm under several Non Disclosure Agreements and have to be vague when explaining what I do.

My group develops test solutions for a vast range of products OEM and IBM internal products some thing simple like an ASIC for a high end networking switch to High performance custom processors used in Watson (the Jeopardy playing computer). Although I didn't have any part of that.. There is also the gaming and server groups that I don't work for, but they work with all the major game systems and IBM's High end servers.. I actually eat lunch with some of those guys.

Back