GP32 I'd Like To Help Still

sbreckling

Still Fresh
So I'm dabbling in code once again... Thanks for the link to the wiki...

A lot of you were under the assumption that I was coding on a PC.. I'm coding on a mac.. OS X.

There isn't a Programers notepad for mac... however I did find a cool piece of software... SubEthaEdit ..

A buddy of mine overseas (I'm in the military), and I can browse / edit the same project at the same time. I thought it was a silly feature at first... but it saves a ton of time.

just google SubEthaEdit . I've been using it to write web stuff forever, and didn't even think about using it for anything lower level than web stuff.

Anyway, I know I'm not profecient enough to really dig deep yet... however, I'd still like to help out anyone that needs graphic work done...

I'm pretty handy with that stuff....

There are hundreds of 'text editors' for OSX (and Mac OS 9 etc). OSX even comes with vi and Emacs of course, which are the king of editors (of course, they're console Unix apps, so you'll go insane if you like GUIs.) XEmacs is available too (some GUI), but dont' think its installed by default. Anyway, there are piles of good editors out there. Search for text editor, not 'programmer editor' or the like.

Remember, OSX is Unix too :)

jeff

Yeah, I used to write C++ back in college with windows text editor.

I was just trying to show people SubEthaEdit. :) It's awesome software.. take a look.

sbreckling, I don't know exactlly what you're looking for, but there are a lot of really good text editors for OSX.

I use TextWrangler by Barebones. They're the guys that make the famous BBEdit, and it's very much like BBEdit, but it's free.

If you can pay a little, there's also the recent TextMate. I haven't used it, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

As skeezix mentioned, there's also the CLI editors like vi and emacs, and there's a GUI emacs called Carbon Emacs or Emacs for Aqua.

Try some of those out.

Rattboi posted on Dec 4 2005 at 05:38 PM said:
sbreckling, I don't know exactlly what you're looking for, but there are a lot of really good text editors for OSX.

I use TextWrangler by Barebones. They're the guys that make the famous BBEdit, and it's very much like BBEdit, but it's free.

If you can pay a little, there's also the recent TextMate. I haven't used it, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

As skeezix mentioned, there's also the CLI editors like vi and emacs, and there's a GUI emacs called Carbon Emacs or Emacs for Aqua.

Try some of those out.

SubEthaEdit works great for me. I just mentioned that use a mac, because I posted a thread a few days ago asking what other people are using.

I posted this thread to let people know if they want graphic work done, to let me know... I'm pretty handy with that kind of stuff.

I'd like to actually develop a new interface for the gp2x all together... I'm going to start with skins first though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back