802.11b/g, Bluetooth, Webcam

Integrated ports:
1 x Universal Serial Bus (USB 2.0)
Microphone in
Headphone jack
24PIN connector

$699 for lower end model, $849 for higher end model, check the lonk below

http://www.dynamism.com/wibrain-b1/pricing.shtml

All I can say is I can finally play some Ports sega made for PC, such as Sonic DX & phantasy star on the go.

If you want to play games on it, you´ll have to take a gamepad with you too and i doubt the battery will last much longer than 2 hours...

LOL, i just saw it comes with a Windows XP CD, but has no optical drive.

If the eee had Windows XP on it i would get one for sure (Did email gbax.com about this but never got a reply, would pay extra if it could be installed on it), i'm very tempted to get one of these...

http://www.umpcportal.com/modules/news/art...hp?storyid=1012

These Vye UMPC's do look great, theres some great videos on youtube about them. Expensive though, about 500-700 pounds depending on the model but i would love one of these !

I ordered my wibrain yesterday. (I just couldn't wait for Pandora.....) Should get it Monday.

I'll keep you all posted.

:gp2x

Would be interesting to see how the basic hardware compares to what Pandora will have. The 3D chipset in particular sounds ancient (based off of Savage4), and the CPU is in-order single issue with. At 550MHz Cortex-A8 will probably be little competition to it but if it can clock to 1GHz or higher then I think it will blow both the CPU and video of a VX700 chipset away.

gatorpal said:
I ordered my wibrain yesterday. (I just couldn't wait for Pandora.....) Should get it Monday.

I'll keep you all posted.

:gp2x

damn...I cant order mines for a while. but keep me posted try half life if you can please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, believe me, Half-Life is first! Then PSX and N64 emulators! Unreal Tournament, Q3, Redline!

Half life is first! Then PSX and N64 emus, then some Unreal, Q3, and Redline!

psj3809 said:
If the eee had Windows XP on it i would get one for sure

It doesn't but you can install it yourself. There are probably instructions on the Net somewhere.

Got it! Haven't had a lot of a time to play it but I did try out a PSX emu and Project 64 (N64 emu) and both worked great! I trield Half-Life source through steam, no luck. Tried the old Half life and it worked! Tried Unreal tournament, Q2, and crimson skies. All worked great!

Also installed tight vnc so I could get it set up from another computer using a full sized keyboard and mouse!

Couple of first impressions:

Without a Cd player, all the games I actually bought are going to be a pain in the butt. I have to find no CD cracks for them. (gotta love that DRM)

The form factor takes some getting used to. I kind of wish it had a joystick (gasp) like the gp2x. Hopefully once I remap the buttons for each game to fit that machine and adjust the touchpad to move quicker it will be better.

They included a webcam which I didn't really give a crap about; but, I notice they don't have a built in Mic which seems really stupid. Anyone know where I can get a really mini Mic? One with just the plug and the Mic sticking out of the plug? (No wire.)

The bios doesn't seem to support hibernation. (only stand by) Another really stupid design flaw.

The USB port is sticking out of the side where you hold it. I think they should have put it underneath.

It seems a little noisy with the fan running.

Other than that, I am pretty happy with it. I am going to try out my Icuiti DV920 eyeglasses sometime soon and some more old FPSs.

I still like the gp2x better in some ways. (Like the AA batteries, the way it fits in your hands and believe it or not the time it takes to start the thing and start playing.)

Any requests / questions?

Try these :

http://kart.nexon.net/ (Free)

Sonic DX for PC
Dreamcast NullDC Emulator
Grim Fandango
Diablo 2
Guild Wars
World Of Warcraft
Phantasy Star Blue Burst
Fable the Lost Chapters for PC
GTA 3 for PC
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition for PC

Oh quick question you got the 1GB/60GBHDD or 512MB/30GBHDD

Cervante said:
Try these :

http://kart.nexon.net/ (Free)

Sonic DX for PC
Dreamcast NullDC Emulator
Grim Fandango
Diablo 2
Guild Wars
World Of Warcraft
Phantasy Star Blue Burst
Fable the Lost Chapters for PC
GTA 3 for PC
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition for PC

Oh quick question you got the 1GB/60GBHDD or 512MB/30GBHDD

I got the 1gb/60gbHDD.

Tried GTA3 last night. Worked great! Have also tried: Soldier of Fortune, Jedi Knight II, Postal 2 (Works OK after patch.), and HALO. All worked great!

Of course I can try the download link you sent when I get a chance; but, the others you listed I have either never heard of or do not have. I'll look into them when I get a chance.

How the hell do you play games on that thing? it hasn't got a proper d-pad or stick.

If God did have a handheld it would be a Neo Geo Pocket Color

Back