"i'm Going To Have A Great Time Starting School With My Pandor

B-ZaR said:
Pleng said:
I got excited about having a Pandora for the second term of Uni last (academic) year, which started in January this (lunar) year.
Wouldn't that be a solar year?

Actually I think Calendar Year is the term I was looking for :p

Last edited by a moderator:
El Jefe said:
quick question:
... but I usually do pretty well on tests anyways (not spanish tests because spanish is retarded)
will this be a problem in college?
hey Watch what you are saying.

one fact you should know
knowing more than two languages improves your average wage, now do the maths and count three languages.

hmm, i no longer need panda for academic use. :s
im afraid the expected value for me has lowered, but hey maybe the next job i get i might need it a lot(either as a help or as a distraction).

DroneB Dev said:
El Jefe said:
quick question:
... but I usually do pretty well on tests anyways (not spanish tests because spanish is retarded)

one fact you should know
knowing more than two languages improves your average wage, now do the maths and count three languages.
I speak 3 languages fluently and can write/read 5 different ones. My wage is currently 0 $/€/£/¥/whatever because I'm (currently) studying and unemployed. Your theory is thus incorrect. :p

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
Well I wanted to show all my mates in the old age home ... but they have died in the meanwhile ...

Lovely Humor there... :lol:

That might be worhty of my signature! Do you mind? :D

dflemstr said:
DroneB Dev said:
El Jefe said:
quick question:

one fact you should know
I speak 3 languages fluently and can write/read 5 different ones. My wage is currently 0 $/€/£/¥/whatever because I'm (currently) studying and unemployed. Your theory is thus incorrect. :p
first of all, this is a matter of statistics no way my theory.
on second hand i said average, not actual so hey, im afraid you wont be able to calculate that if well, at least not untill youve got one foot underground.(the limb not the measure,ah but it could also be valid)
btw i also do speak 3 lang(4th coming soon).

on topic: i was looking and found that it will still be very helpfull if the wifi driver can go and run full Promiscuous mode. it seems ill have to run helping mount several wifi hotspots around the campus.

Gruso said:
I sit in an office all day. I just want to abuse their internet from a different machine.

Amen.

Though, half my day is in a lab.

HackModford said:
TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
Well I wanted to show all my mates in the old age home ... but they have died in the meanwhile ...

Lovely Humor there... :lol:

That might be worhty of my signature! Do you mind? :D

Feel free ...

I'd have loved to get a Pandora for school. Oh well, there's still over a semester and a half left.

lobski said:
Did anyone else last year get excited at the thought of starting school with a brand new Pandora? I did. I thought I'd be taking notes on it, playing games and doing various things on it, all the while going to school.

Unfortunately, I have now started school, Pandora-less. Rather disappointing.

Anyone else with similar experiences?
I have that same dream every night.

DroneB Dev said:
El Jefe said:
quick question:

one fact you should know
btw, by saying "spanish is retarded" I meant the class I was taking, not the actual language. The AP test, which I am destined to take at the end of the year is apparently one of the hardest language tests because so many native speakers are taking it. It has 2 sections which are actual conversation, albeit with a computer. To illustrate the ridiculousness of this test I have an example: They insist on "simulating a conversation" as best as possible. According to them, this means adding background noise. On some of the practice tapes I have listened to in class, they have noises such as a crowded market with peoples voices in the background, and airport, or a blender. How is that testing comprehension and ability to speak a language?! Thats just obfuscating it!

Another thing I have noticed: Several of my friends are in AP level mandarin and japanese courses, and they can hardly say anything near what the spanish and french AP level students can. Anything slightly complicated tenses are beyond them: He had been there or he will have been there or He was on his way there when something happened.

El Jefe said:
Another thing I have noticed: Several of my friends are in AP level mandarin and japanese courses, and they can hardly say anything near what the spanish and french AP level students can. Anything slightly complicated tenses are beyond them: He had been there or he will have been there or He was on his way there when something happened.
well, chinese and japanese are completely different from european languages. french and spanish do have some correlation to english, so they're easier to learn. besides, chinese and japanese are very simple, gramtically, there's just a lot of vocab.

Back