Image Error Is Keeping Me From Compiling

Adamsk

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I have the FPG EDIT program to make .FPG files to load, but it's all in spanish, which I don't understand. (but Babelfish helps a little) I can make FPG files and put graphics in them and all, but when I try to compile the program I've written, I get a "Executable image is not a supported type." error. (Using Fenix Desktop with English patch to compile)

I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the code, since it's mostly stuff taken from tutorials, and all it's supposed to do is draw two graphics on the screen.
Code:
PROGRAM project;

GLOBAL

BEGIN
     SET_FPS(30,2);
     SET_MODE(320,240,16);

fpgfile = LOAD_FPG("Project.fpg");

LOOP

put(fpgfile,4,0,0);
          put(fpgfile,3,94,106);

FRAME;
     END

END

Um... any info I left out? The graphics are all 16-bit *.BMP files before being FPG-ized. And... there are four in the file, but as you can see by the code, I only want to (intially) use two of them.

You can switch the language in gpg edit 2005 to english: Utilidades -> Configurar FPG Edit -> Cambiar lenguaje del programa -> english.ini :D

And don`t put the "put" commands into the loop, this will make the program crash after a while (the images get drawn on the screen every frame, and once there are too much, the program will exit, giving you an error message)

And you could try the xput command

The code is fine, executable image is probably referring to the .dcb. Put() shouldn't crash the program no matter how often you call it.

Make sure your FXI is the same version as FXC(though you should be getting a Spanish error if not), or maybe you have spaces in the path(though you should be getting another error if not), or maybe the fpg is not in the right place(though you, guessed it, should be getting a different error message). :)

With Fenix, you never know :)

Moogle posted on Apr 21 2005 at 11:38 AM said:
The code is fine, executable image is probably referring to the .dcb. Put() shouldn't crash the program no matter how often you call it.

Ah, okay, didn`t know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiest posted on Apr 21 2005 at 01:31 AM said:
You can switch the language in gpg edit 2005 to english: Utilidades -> Configurar FPG Edit -> Cambiar lenguaje del programa -> english.ini biggrin.gif

Ah, thanks for that. :D

Moogle posted on Apr 21 2005 at 03:38 AM said:

Make sure your FXI is the same version as FXC(though you should be getting a Spanish error if not), or maybe you have spaces in the path(though you should be getting another error if not), or maybe the fpg is not in the right place(though you, guessed it, should be getting a different error message). :)

Hm. I got all of the exectuable files in the same package and have been able to compile other source code that I've downloaded. That's what made me think that it's a problem with the FPG file.

But, I've tried renaming one of the working .FPG files to see if I could load from it, if that was indeed the problem, but I get the same error message, so now I believe it's something in the code. :/

EDIT: I moved the folder with all the files to a directory path that had no spaces and I fixed the problem with getting that error message... and got some "more correct" error message. I forgot to declare the variable I was using.

This is the beginning of the code, now fixed. And everything works now.
Code:
ROGRAM project;

GLOBAL
fpgfile;

BEGIN
    SET_FPS(30,2);
    SET_MODE(320,240,16);

Last edited by a moderator:
Back