Infones Questions

Rainman

Still Fresh
Ok people,
I got an email last night saying that my gp32 should arrive at my house within the next 24-48 hours. Needless to say I'm very happy.

However

One of the main things I planned to do with my new handheld is play some of my favorite NES games using the infones emulator. Although I'm not thoroughly understanding how it works.

So...Let the questions begin

1) How hard is it to get this emulator up and running? It seems like I have to download a bunch of stuff. Am I wrong? (I hope so) :p

2) Where do I download the emulator?

3) How well does infones emulate NES games? Hopefully it does a decent job

Ok thanks again everyone, I'm looking for answers because I'm so excited that my gp32 is coming that I want to put stuff on my smc before it gets here so I'm ready.

Thanks-

Hello,

It is super easy to get the nes emulator working. You can download the infones from this website. Once you have the GP connected to the PC you put the Infones.fxe into the GPMM folder on you SMC. In the GPMM folder you create a new folder and call it NES. in the GPMM/NES folder is where you copy your ROM's to.

Infones is a great emulator, and there should be updates in the future. The sound is pretty rough for a lot of games right now but the play is generaly really smooth.

enjoy

Ok cool

So approximately how many nes roms could I put on one 128mb smc?

Also, I have a smc reader/writer so I do not need to connect my gp to my pc.
So how would I go about adding files onto the smc?
Would I just create a folder in the smc called GPMM? And then another inside of that one called nes?

Because that seems simple enough

Yes, thats basically what you do to get the nes emu working BUT you will probably also need the FXE Loader (which is free and on gamepark's site (HERE). While you're at it you should probably make all the default folders on the SMC (GAME, MP3, GPSYS, GPMM, GPETC). Also when using other emulators there is usually a file contained inside the compressed file which has all the information you will need to run the emulator (ie. folder in GPMM to put the roms in ;)).

Hope all this helps.

You could fit hundreds of NES ROMs on a 128 MEG SMC. Probably 500+. I have found the NES emus a tad slow without frame skipping, but they are getting there. Sega Master System and TG16/PCEngine games are full speed with sound. TG16 games look great on GP32 that alone makes it worth the price of GP32 to me. Don't forget MP3 and the ability to watch DIVX movies on it as well. My next plane trip is going to go by quickly with games, MP3s and a couple Invade Zim episodes to keep me busy. :)

Back