Information about OS / Kernel / Prototypes

I am normally not opposed to threads flowing where they may. In this particular case, though, maybe critique of and suggestions for improving by photographic skills should be spun off somewhere other than the bug tracking thread?

maybe critique of and suggestions for improving by photographic skills should be spun off somewhere other than the bug tracking thread?

I agree

Left charging for 5 hours, the screen did not respond, and I turned off the device by holding the power button.
Can't seem to turn it back on. Tried removing battery and also plugging in/out microUSB charger.
Is there any onboard firmware to update?

I can remember, on Pandora sometimes it dit help to remove the Battery, wait a bit and then put it back, because maybe something stuck in the firmware and needs to reset

Whit best regards, Matthias

Can you check the voltage of the battery using a multimeter?
If the charger didn't provide enough power, the battery drains instead.

Can you connect the MicroUSB port to a PC and check the serial output?

Left charging for 5 hours, the screen did not respond, and I turned off the device by holding the power button.
Can't seem to turn it back on. Tried removing battery and also plugging in/out microUSB charger.
Is there any onboard firmware to update?

When you found the unit in this state was just the power button still glowing red but the unit itself fully unresponsive? I have had that happen a few times too, but have not been able to catch it doing this when connected to serial output. I had figured it was related to the battery charging & monitoring software being in an early state. Maybe not?

Don't have one here, but I think my 5V/2.5A charger is on its last leg.
Jolla-phone said "Not enough power output to charge" when I plugged it in there.
Now charging on a different 5V/1A one.

My Charger is only 2,4 A , but it worked good on the GPD Win and it’s a good one from Anker, so I hope it will work..

Whit best regards, Matthias

Don't have one here, but I think my 5V/2.5A charger is on its last leg.
Jolla-phone said "Not enough power output to charge" when I plugged it in there.
Now charging on a different 5V/1A one.
1A is not enough to charge when the system boots up.
It will be able to charge the battery until it tries to boot up again, but then it'll discharge again until you power it down as soon as it tries to boot.

Oh, btw, do you have an SD Card in the left slot?

If yes, remove it, put battery out and back in and retry to boot.

Reactions: rSl
Back up and running. Got some help at the Warsaw hackerspace. :))
Turns out if the SD-card image isn't working it doesn't visually do any booting.
I tried it without SD-card on its own before.
It did work connected to a computer, after pressing the button twice complaining that RAM wasn't initialized,
and then once to just boot. Didn't save the console output, but could do it on my own I think.

Yep, thats one of the things on the first page:
If the bootloader is broken, nothing happens (same on the Pandora).

The bootloader also includes stuff like which LEDs are connected where, so they can't light up if that one isn't loaded.

And as the left SD Card slot has the highest boot priority... :)

Have there been any updated OS images that we should be looking at and or helping to test? Is there anything, "in the works"?

I.e. is there anything for us prototype people to do that might be constructive or helpful?

There are new kernel drops every week from HNS, which could probably do with a second look from volunteers. I'm not aware of anything more well designed to actually work well on a Pyra prototype mind you, but that usually happens on IRC and other places that I only periodically check.

Back