Ini Files

ledro

Still Fresh
The recent price drop has won me over to buy a Wiz. I expect to receive my wiz to arrive in a few days. In the meanwhile I already want to fill my SD card with some games. I have already downloaded some emulaters and software and I noticed that most of the files have a subdirectory that contains the application, but also an ini file in the root folder. Are these ini files used by the default wiz menu? Or is it used by some alternative menu and can I throw away these ini files?

Those ini files are used by the "Built In Games" menu. You can ignore them.

The scripts that actually launch your game are the .gpe files (although the gpe file might be the binary for the game itself).

riker47 said:
Those ini files are used by the "Built In Games" menu. You can ignore them.

The scripts that actually launch your game are the .gpe files (although the gpe file might be the binary for the game itself).
Please ignore the above post (no offence riker47 :) ), but the .ini files are used for the WIZ GAMES menu.

There's a guide to .ini files here: http://gp2xwiz.co.uk/wiki/Creating_A_Shortcut_In_The_Wiz_Games_Menu

Make sure your game folders (picodrive etc.) are in a folder named game on the SD card, the .ini files also go into this (game) folder.

If you need any assistance, we're here to help. :)

Cheers, Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil L is entirely correct. Never get rid of the .ini files, as without them you'll need to go into the Launcher application to run your apps. (which involved extra menus) With the .ini file you get the game listed in the main SD list and can quick launch. The SD list also displays graphical icons (which can be eaasily changed) of the app. - something the Launcher doesn't. So keep the .ini :)

iprice said:
Never get rid of the .ini files, as without them you'll need to go into the Launcher application to run your apps.

I must be old-fashioned; that never seemed like a problem to me.

What's the difference between the "Built in games menu" and this "Wiz Games Menu"? I don't see the later on my Wiz, and we're obviously talking about the same files.

riker47 said:
What's the difference between the "Built in games menu" and this "Wiz Games Menu"? I don't see the later on my Wiz, and we're obviously talking about the same files.

It's on the first screen after start up:

WIZ GAMES
Built-In Games
Flash Games
Entertainment
Launcher
Settings

It's a lot quicker than using the launcher. :)

D'oh! I see it now. I was ignoring it since I don't have an SD card. :rolleyes:

Back