Install Angstrom to SD card

lrochfort

Still Fresh
Hello,

I just bought a used 1GHz Pandora and would like some clarification on installing the OS to SD card.

I've found two links on the wiki that seem talk about SD installation:

1) http://pandorawiki.org/Ångström

2) http://pandorawiki.org/Running_Linux_from_an_SD_card

Does the SD process on link 1 flash the NAND and also leave a copy of the OS on the SD card?

If I follow the instructions in link 1, and unzip the firmware onto the SD card, do I then have to follow the instructions in link 2 to ensure the Pandora then boots from SD subsequently?

Thanks all!

Just download the Pandora SD Installer and use that. Make sure you to download this too.
Thanks, but I would like to understand what's going on.

The first link makes no reference to the second, so am just unclear on how they relate and what exactly is involved in running the OS from the SD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link one is very confusing.. To SD really means it installs install the firmware to the NAND from the SD card. Although how it's worded makes it sound like it would be an SD install.

Link one is very confusing.. To SD really means it installs install the firmware to the NAND from the SD card. Although how it's worded makes it sound like it would be an SD install.
Thank you, I suspected as much!

To be honest, I've found the documentation to be comprehensive, but perhaps not the clearest in the world. One has to infer a great deal from context.

Is there official documentation on how to install the OS to SD card?

Well another thing to consider is some of the wikipages are updated by some which english isn't their primary Language and even if it was it doesn't appear so from the entries. I'm guilty of the latter, although I never edited the wiki.

I think perhaps in this case the instructions are actually there, it's just the headers are wrong/misleading.

Can anybody update the wiki?

Back