Installing Dingux On A Mac

raoulduke247

Still Fresh
Hi guys,
Just received my dingoo yesterday and i'm thoroughly impressed. I really want to instal linux on it but all the guides are for windows and i have a macbook. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Raoul

i couldnt get the flashing progress working under windows too but under my osx86 PC it worked fine. just use the windows guide and then for the flashing part just use the mac program.
a bit annoying under osx is that it often creates those "dotfiles" is it possible to deaktivate that under ntfs or fat32 partitions?

Sonic-NKT said:
[...]a bit annoying under osx is that it often creates those "dotfiles" is it possible to deaktivate that under ntfs or fat32 partitions?
Nope. Every operating system uses a recycle bin. If you plug in a usb storage device in Windows it will try to create a folder called "Recycler". And every Linux file browser (most are GUI (i.e. Gnome or KDE) specific) has is own recycle bin too. MacOS creates those "._." files on a removable volume (i.e. usb sticks and the Dingoo). I do not think you can stop your OS from doing that. Every time when I come home from a visit to a friend of mine, who uses an Apple computer (its one of those laptops without a keyboard (a macmini?) that is not supported by Apple anymore because it's ppc based), apparently my Dingoo and usb sticks are infected with those files too. You can simply delete them without harm, but they will show up every time an Apple piece of hardware touched your beloved Dingoo. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic-NKT said:
i couldnt get the flashing progress working under windows too but under my osx86 PC it worked fine. just use the windows guide and then for the flashing part just use the mac program.
a bit annoying under osx is that it often creates those "dotfiles" is it possible to deaktivate that under ntfs or fat32 partitions?
There is a small program you can get called BlueHarvest that will completely prevent OSX from dropping all those annoying .DS_Store files and whatnot all over your SD Card.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Finder Cleaner to get rid of those extra hidden files:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/16996/findercleaner

Just drop your drive over the FC icon instead of the eject one in the Dock and it cleans it up and ejects it at the same time.

Hope this helps...

®

Back