Installing Games On The Wiz

fettouhi

Yesterday I got my Wiz ang I've been tinkering with it a bit but I am confused about a few things. I've installed a few games like Blix2x and Bubble Train and they work fine when I run them from the launcher. But how do I make them visible under Wiz Games on the SD card? Do I need to put them I a certain directory (so far I put them under the game directory)?

Regards

André

fettouhi posted on May 23 2009 at 09:10 AM) Yesterday I got my Wiz ang I've been tinkering with it a bit but I am confused about a few things. I've installed a few games like Blix2x and Bubble Train and they work fine when I run them from the launcher. But how do I make them visible under Wiz Games on the SD card? Do I need to put them I a certain directory (so far I put them under the game directory said:
?

Regards

André
They need .ini files :)
Those ini-files look like that:

CODE
[info]
name="Tail Tale"
path="/tailtale/tailtale.gpe"
icon="/tailtale/tailtale.png"

That .ini file HAS to be in the game directory of the SD-Card, and the root of the path and the icon is always the game-directory of the SD-Card.

So, e.g., to make Boomshine2x work with that, place Boomshine2x into the directory game/boomshine2x of your SD Card and create a .ini file named boomshine2x.ini

CODE
[info]
name="Boomshine2x"
path="/boomshine2x/boomshine2x.gpe"
icon="/boomshine2x/boomshine2x.png"

Boomshine2x doesn't feature an icon, so it will display the default one.

Last edited:
Peter R posted on May 23 2009 at 01:04 PM said:
It does feature an Icon but GPH didn't include it as I forgot to include it in my rewritten version :p.
Many thanks for the clarifaction :)! Both of you!

Regards

André

Last edited by a moderator:
Moomin posted on May 23 2009 at 04:50 PM said:
Thanks a lot! I was tired using launcher every time
EDIT: my first donation to Wiki )

What size should the .png icons be? I tried 32 x 32 but the icon is clipped.

forgeflow posted on May 24 2009 at 03:54 AM) [quote="Moomin posted on May 23 2009 at 04:50 PM said:
Thanks a lot! I was tired using launcher every time
EDIT: my first donation to Wiki "]
[/quote]What size should the .png icons be? I tried 32 x 32 but the icon is clipped.

I have this one displaying correctly:
PicoDrive.png PNG 32x32 32x32+0+0 8-bit DirectClass 2.79kb

my shortcuts arnt working. i created my .ini file with the directories and I can see it in the menu as capex. but it doesnt have the icon i chose and it doesnt run. it just sits there. i made sure to move the folders into the root GAME directory and copied the paths and file name exactly. i changed it to unix format as well.....ive tried little changes in file names or directories but i still cant get em working. any ideas?

EDIT: ok, i figured it out. i dont need to have /game in my direction to files since it starts there in the first place. its all good now

Moomin posted on May 24 2009 at 01:29 AM said:
I have this one displaying correctly:
PicoDrive.png PNG 32x32 32x32+0+0 8-bit DirectClass 2.79kb
After some experimentation, I came up with 25x25 as the correct size for the icons - anything larger than that is actually cut off on the right side. Also, a note - the paths in the .ini file are case sensitive.

Yep, just saw on serial out:
The SD Card is mounted as UTF-8 and therefore EVERYTHING is case sensitive there...

EvilDragon posted on May 25 2009 at 11:00 AM said:
Yep, just saw on serial out:
The SD Card is mounted as UTF-8 and therefore EVERYTHING is case sensitive there...
Are spaces allowed or accepted in the paths of the .ini files?

Regards

André

Peter R posted on May 25 2009 at 07:05 AM said:
Probably not unless they are escaped? I think some experimentation is in order.
Spaces in the paths work, as long as everything is in quotes. eg:

[info]
name="Rise of the Triad"
path="/Rise of the Triad/rott.gpe"
icon="/Rise of the Triad/rott.png"

forgeflow posted on May 26 2009 at 03:12 PM said:
Peter R posted on May 25 2009 at 07:05 AM said:
Probably not unless they are escaped? I think some experimentation is in order.
Spaces in the paths work, as long as everything is in quotes. eg:

[info]
name="Rise of the Triad"
path="/Rise of the Triad/rott.gpe"
icon="/Rise of the Triad/rott.png"
Cool, thanks for the info :).

Regards

André

Back