Installing gp32 nse

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
The readme for GP32 nse is REALLY vague about installing it :huh: if someone could tell me how to install it(step by step) that would be freaken awsome :D thanks in advance.

Hi,

You say you have worked out how to install gp32 nse?. :unsure:

So i am guessing correct that you got gp32 nse working and that you can access your gp32 via an icon i your my computer folder just like an ordinary drive.? :)

If this is the case, Would you care to share how you got this working. As im sure that this would make using the gp32 with windows a lot easier for a lot of people, Myself included. :D

Regards

Trooper

I've also tried installing the gp32 nse to no avail. i really dont know what the heck to do really. If firefly otr anyone that knows how to work this thing reads this plaese post. this looks like an awesome project and it would be a shame if i we werent able to use it. :(

bart.gif

http://users.skynet.be/firefly/gp32/project/gp32nse/

The NSE is a integration into Windows Explorer, so instead of using the horrible PC-Link software, you can access your GP32 like a drive, and drag-and-drop files into it, delete, move, copy, etc through Explorer. I think it does the convertion to 8.3 chars too.

You can even backup and format the SMC through it.

Click the link above for screenshots and download, but be warned, PC-Link won't work whilst NSE is active (you can turn off NSE again, though).

- Rico

im not sure, but if i remember right, this tool doesn´t allow you to write files to the GP, it only allows reading. But there is an alternative called "GPdrive" (see Beta test section), which allows you to do so.

I triedand got it to work but it only read files.....It was looking quite good as well :(

ok,i still have no idea how to install this,although if it doesn't write i have little use for it.but wasn't it presented as an alternative to the pc link?
anyway,the gpbeta file you refer to is probably the beta of the new firmware for the gp32.i was reluctant to install it just because it's in beta,i don't want it to mess up my console.

no its not a firmware its a program (called gpdrive) that allows you to use your gp as a mass storage device, and can be found in the beta test forum on this site

PinkSpider posted on Mar 31 2004 said:
GPdrive is pretty amazing... I rarely use pc link now :/
same for me, and since our Win98 PC broke down ( a week ago), we now have WinXP comps only (one lappy and a PC), so i can use GPdrive on both of them. Allthough the new PC has an SMC Reader/writer installed, i didnt use it until now (think i´ll test it later)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back