Instant Pandora with a premium?

Is it a drag queen shoe ?

200 pandora-shoe.jpg

Nice photo btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...

So I got dizzy after reading the first 12 pages and I'll try make it thru the whole thread after a coffee. Please correct me if Im wrong here!

I'll qualify this by saying I have not pre-ordered, Im not on any queue and I cant get on the website to see how much the Pandora is now - please feel free to ignore me as although Ive followed Pandora, Ive not invested - not been able to... so here goes;

Ive been interested in the Pandora since it was initially mentioned and I was getting newsletters about it for a little while - then nothing then another newsletter before last Christmas. I didnt have the money to pre-order years ago and checked out the forums before pre-ordering at Christmas 2010. I found out about all the hold-ups etc and decided to hold off until I could be sure of getting one within a few weeks/a month of ordering. It looks like that may be about to happen now.

I can afford one 'splurge' every now and then and I have the greatest respect for the folks that waited 2 years. I couldn't justify spending the cash and not having anything to show for such a long time. Just dont have that kind of money! So just when it looks like I could shell out and become a new customer, it looks like the price has gone up? Is there a 'grace' period where I could order at the old price? The new price will work out about €500 right?

Oh well...batch 3 for me unfortunately.
I think that might be at the $500/€500 price...

I appreciate that the lads need to make money, Im just explaining why this year I'll get a (prolly used) iPad and next year I'll get a 3DS.

So you're going to get your unit SOONER and you have had to do NOTHING extra to get it.
For me I had to accept I just dont have the money be a new customer.

I wish the team and this community all the success in the world - seriously, from the bottom of my heart I do! I HOPE you have a lot of fun with your Pandoras, they look like a great little machine! As for me - Im out!

All the best folks!
Its 500 dollars which is about 360 euros for you and me.

Yesterday and today.

Wow... That's damn impressive. I doubt there would be any seven-day orders in there, right? There's still time to get those made and shipped.

Well on monday we're all getting stuck in on the hinges and dpads, but on tuesday and weds I'm hoping we can build another 200.

So those $500 units won't make much of a dent in the 400 which are shipping.

Yesterday and today.

Wow... That's damn impressive. I doubt there would be any seven-day orders in there, right? There's still time to get those made and shipped.

Well on monday we're all getting stuck in on the hinges and dpads, but on tuesday and weds I'm hoping we can build another 200.

Did you already bring a few extra people in, then? I like seeing these piles of fresh Pandora handhelds.

Yesterday and today.

Did you already bring a few extra people in, then? I like seeing these piles of fresh Pandora handhelds.

Just asked them to work over the weekend.

Its 500 dollars which is about 360 euros for you and me.

Yeah, technically I know what you mean! Its just that The cost for a Pandora is 349 USD (without VAT) or approx. 330 EUR (including VAT). so Im expecting it to be $500 exc. vat or €500ish for us. Hope your right tho - I could do that! :)

I'm "guessing" that the customer price of a $500 pandora would if you're in the eurozone be about 440 EUR* + shipping => about 460 EUR.

* 500 USD in EUR * 1.20

That's with UK VAT - and good that I checked it, it changed 4 Jan 2011 to 20% (I calculated with 17.5% first...). Btw, Germany has 19% VAT, so in theory it could if ED's shop will someday also stock pandora's at 500USD equivalent be about 4€ cheaper to boy from him :p

I cant make sense of that last sentence, but I'll leave it there in case I understand it after I've slept... :blink:

The UK VAT rate has gone up from 15%.

So we went from the lowest rate in Europe to one of the highest!

That's what you get for voting Labour, they really ruined this country.

What we need is another Thatcher to beat this country back in to order.

Have you seen how Blair aged? Christ.

You can all nominate me for some sort of gong though if the Pandora is a success!

Anyone know what the "premium" Pandora is going to look like? The extra cost doesn't bother me, but if it ends up looking different that's going to upset me. I loved the flat black look, because it didn't look out of place in a professional setting. (Yes I intend on using it at work for a VNC and Terminal Console system to replace my netbook).

From what's been said, it'll be just the same. There will most likely be a special label in place of the batch 1 or two label, but I think that's it.

I for one am sort of annoyed that there's nothing special about these premium orders, but you have a really good point.

Have there been any pictures of what the batch 1 label looks like? :)

Anyone know what the "premium" Pandora is going to look like? The extra cost doesn't bother me, but if it ends up looking different that's going to upset me. I loved the flat black look, because it didn't look out of place in a professional setting. (Yes I intend on using it at work for a VNC and Terminal Console system to replace my netbook).

From what's been said, it'll be just the same. There will most likely be a special label in place of the batch 1 or two label, but I think that's it.

I for one am sort of annoyed that there's nothing special about these premium orders, but you have a really good point.

Yes.

Yes.

Ok so let me get this straight... the label on the back under the battery, closed in the battery case where it'll never be seen unless I swap the batteries out is going to be red? LMAO. Ok so what was I worried about? :)

Hmm... looking closer, I wonder what the dip switches on the back are for. Time to go searching the forums. :)

Is that 200 on Tuesday, and 200 on Wednesday? Or does that 400 include the 200 from your picture that are (almost) completely done?

Because you had said 150/day, and after the three days (Mon, Tue, Wed), I'd expect closer to 450, though I suppose there's some ramp-up time.

Where are all the boards for these coming from? I was under the impression that you didn't have terribly many (~250, which was before that picture was made) in the UK. Even if CC shipped some on Friday, as they were supposed to (did they?) I'd be very surprised if they arrived that quickly in the UK, since previous shipments have usually taken about a week.

Shipments take 3 days. Something shipped on a friday will always arrive on a monday. We currently have approx 250 boards here now, with more on the way.

Hmm... looking closer, I wonder what the dip switches on the back are for. Time to go searching the forums. :)
Those aren't DIP switches (although it's hard to tell from that picture), they're the contacts for the battery.

Back