Instant Pandora with a premium?

SoniX, its best to email to ask to be upgraded than it is to cancel and re-order as the OPT take a hit in a cancellation charge IIRC. The 'summary thread' advises to email Jacquelyn but as you bought from ED, I would think he is the person. He is no doubt busy though, which may explain not hearing anything back yet.

Never heard of a Jacquelin. Yes i wrote two mails to ED. Its now 5 days ago and no answer yet :-(

Should i order a new one and cancel my old order?

Please help :)

i think they mentionned somewhere that cancelling costs money (maybe from money transfers or something) so it's best to just upgrade instead of re-order

Yah you just need to email the sales address openpandorasales@gmail.com

Yes i also think its better to upgrade my order than cancelling. But if i get no answer its hard to upgrade.

I wrote to evildragon@gp2x.de and gp2xorders@gmail.com.

I will try openpandorasales@gmail.com also now. Maybe i get an answer there.

Thank you all

SoniX, its best to email to ask to be upgraded than it is to cancel and re-order as the OPT take a hit in a cancellation charge IIRC. The 'summary thread' advises to email Jacquelyn but as you bought from ED, I would think he is the person. He is no doubt busy though, which may explain not hearing anything back yet.

Never heard of a Jacquelin. Yes i wrote two mails to ED. Its now 5 days ago and no answer yet :-(

Jacquelyn handles the emails for the sales@openpandora and, IIRC, openpandorasales@gmail addresses, on behalf of Craig's (UK) shop, so it's understandable that you haven't heard of/from her. I believe that both shops may be ssomewhat snowed under with emails atm, so I'd suggest being patient if you can bear being without your unit for perhaps another few days.

The main reason that upgrading is preferred over cancelling and reordering is that it actually saves OP money that way, due to transfer & Google Checkout fees.

Your doubt is not argued, you "missed" a facts (e.g. "where are hundreds of boards now", because nobody post about it - you presume they are all in US, waiting for your question to be shipped?)...

It has not point at all, and, most important: you said that you read whole megathread:

why are you then asking same questions that are asked ten times before?

Production is going on, face it.

@"Ask Craig Questions":

I'm sure that it is not intended to ask every single detail about production process. Craigix (and OPT) got years of experience with ordering/manipulating merchandise before Pandora project;

it is just that many circumstances happened here that are never before:

1. Global recession is fact: hundreds of thousands did not predict it, it is just happen;

2. Open Pandora is project like never before: experience was made from 1st hand (unfortunately)

Obviously, OPT now know facts they did not 2 years before: but you should not now cry about spoiled milk; it just happened, let's go over it.

They need money, need it fast, it is not secret: it is same situation like majority of business is in.

Yeah, money to make a quality product. If OP just wanted money, they wouldn't make this. This is a niche product, how are you going to sell it to everyone and their grandmother?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, money to make a quality product. If OP just wanted money, they wouldn't make this. This is a niche product, how are you going to sell it to everyone and their grandmother?
In deed, it is all about quality product. This is a niche product; good part of it is that many community members still offers money to support project - which is unknown situation at typical market ransoms.

It is just a meter of time (but weeks this time - not months) that this absurd 2years born process ends, 1st batch ends over, and things go well. Steady production, explosion of homebrew software, profit for all involved -"investors" and (premium) "customers".

Hello, I'm a regular browser (right at the front of the queue for batch 2), but haven't been sticking my oar in yet on these forums.

I've decided to go for the 7-day upgrade and have received an e-mail quoting me an extra £99.20 from Jacquelyn. This surprised me as I initially paid £279.99 for the Pandora, which makes a difference of around £30 plus VAT.

Here's my analysis:

"

Including 20% VAT on the upgrade brings it up to £36.

Adding the higher rate (+5%) of VAT to the initial price paid of £279.99 (@ 15%) gives an upgrade cost of just under £80.

The only way I can produce a figure close to £99.20 is if you considered the £279.99 as untaxed, then charge me £310 plus VAT, minus this figure. This would be incorrect, though, as I have already paid the majority of the VAT.

"

I sent that (in slightly different wording) as part of query in response to Jacquelyn's e-mail. However, as I understand she and the team in general are almost certainly under an avalanche of such queries right now, I wondered whether anyone on the forum might be able to unravel this for me.

I'd be obliged as I'm very keen to take the plunge, but only as long as I'm sure how the £99.20 figure is calculated.

Thanks.

Ed.

My new-order-from-scratch Premium Pandora cost a total of £379.19 (copied and pasted straight out of the Google Checkout email).

That is without accessories, but inclusive of 20%-rate VAT and courier (UPS) delivery - I'm also a UK buyer.

£379.19 - £279.99 = £99.20

My new-order-from-scratch Premium Pandora cost a total of £379.19 (copied and pasted straight out of the Google Checkout email).

That is without accessories, but inclusive of 20%-rate VAT and courier (UPS) delivery - I'm also a UK buyer.

£379.19 - £279.99 = £99.20

I've clearly got my head mixed up about taxes then. Also, forgot about courier charges. Thanks.

Emailing Jacquelyn is definitely the way to go. I received no reply emailing through gp2xorders@gmail.com, however Jacquelyn replied very quickly when I emailed her. Already I have a new invoice with my Batch 2 upgraded to the Instant Pandora. Hopefully within two weeks I will have my Pandora (taking into account international shipping delays - which is always the bloody case). I is happy! :)

Thanks guys, it is really helping to move the project forward in wonderful ways.

With this and the iCP we're looking at a solid and positive future.

Also I've had so many supporting emails and PMs about this, thank you all so much.

It's a shame some people want to indulge in a drama, because that is one route which won't solve anything.

The team and I cannot wait until 'preordering' is no more and everything can ship within 7 days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, it is really helping to move the project forward in wonderful ways.

Also I've had so many supporting emails and PMs about this, thank you all so much.

It's a shame some people want to indulge in a drama, because that is one route which won't solve anything.

The team and I cannot wait until 'preordering' is no more and everything can ship within 7 days!
If you order a pandora, and it takes less than Two Months™ to arrive... Is it still a pandora?

Haters will hate... Just refer them to the beginning of Wootson's video! You guys are doing a great job! Keep your heads up!

What I hate is that most of us and maybe I myself get a Pandora in 1 to 12 weeks. Would life be the same?

Thinking of it, the only thing which ties this community together is the waiting for the Pandora ;)

One thing I want to warn you guys about is that once you get your Pandora, finally, you might be a bit let down with not having to wait around and check the forums constantly .. I know I went through a bit of "Pandora-waiting-game Withdrawal" once I got mine, and .. well I hate to admit it .. but I've hardly used my Pandoras lately. Its all a bit boring, now. ;)

Though I expect that to change now that they're being shipped again, and now that there are more people doing interesting things with it. I hope, anyway.

One thing I want to warn you guys about is that once you get your Pandora, finally, you might be a bit let down with not having to wait around and check the forums constantly .. I know I went through a bit of "Pandora-waiting-game Withdrawal" once I got mine, and .. well I hate to admit it .. but I've hardly used my Pandoras lately. Its all a bit boring, now. ;)
You could always flush your Pandora down the toilet and order another one, and wait, and wait (and wait) again!

You could always flush your Pandora down the toilet and order another one, and wait, and wait (and wait) again!

I'm pretty sure that flushing down the loo is a crime against humanity! Better yet donate it to a needy charitable cause (aka me!!!)

My Premium-Pandora just got here!

It already had the battery in and it seems like the long first boot had already been done. It came up very rapidly to the "Pandora's box has been opened" setup process.

Packaging did smell a little bit smokey, but the pandy itself only really smells of new electronics.

I must have missed the news about changing away from a "foreign wall-brick and UK adaptor" PSU - was pleasantly surprised to see a "laptop-style" one in the box (long-ish UK mains lead to figure-8 2 pin plug, plugs in to floor-friendly small brick). Just put Hotfix 4 on, now on to the Codec Pack :D

Nubs-as-mouse works really absurdly well. The screen is also great. The Y gaming button feels a little different to the others but not "bad". Shoulder buttons feel like they're working.

I will shut it down shortly and look for the special sticker.

Back