Interchanging SoC CPU and RAM

Jonttu

Still Fresh
Sorry not sure if this is the right section, but I was wondering if it would be possible to change out the ram and cpu. I have a buddy of mine with a heat bed specifically meant for replacing embedded chips. I was wondering if the Pandora had any limitations as far as ram speed and size or if the board is incompatible with other ram chips in general. I know the cpu can be replaced, but was wondering how I would go about getting a 1GHz chip for it. (does anyone know any sources?) The main reason I want to do this is because I want to see how far I can push a Pandora spec wise. Also hypothetically speaking, if I were able to replace the ram with a higher frequency one, would I be limited by the GPU frequency as I've heard that they are interlocked on the older boards?

Hard to believe that this could be done "at home". The Ram is also placed ontop of the Soc itself, which seems to be a very tricky thing to do. Even if your friend is capable of doing it (which I highly doubt) you have a very limited choice of options as the new SoC has to be pin compatible and available in very low quantities.

If you use more RAM then 512 MB it's also a firmware problem.

As far as I know Pandora Firmware has to be modified then to be able to access more RAM.

Even if you can swap cpus, you can't change to a 1GHz because the mobo is different.

Back