Interested in the X-Stylus Crayon, is it worth it?

leathco

I am thinking about ordering one of these from the Pandora shop, as I use my touchscreen often on my Pandora and wouldnt mind a stylus that is more comfortable.  Anyone on here own one of these and are they worth the price?

I supported the kickstarter and received a packet of them, but unfortunately I mislaid it before I could try them out!  so I can't give a proper review...

They're cheap and innovative, and ED is selling them, so I guess they are good...  yeah, go and buy one already.

from what i remember, they should've fit inside the pandora stylus slot but they don't do anymore. but really, thats just what i remember and i cant give you an url where i've read it right now :)

I have a few of those, they do fit inside the stylus slot of the Pandora (they don't click in, but they sit pretty tight and don't fall out easily - this might wear off over time though).

They do not extend the length of the stylus by a lot (0.5cm/0.2in maybe), but they are wider than the default stylus and therefore more comfortable to hold.

This alone justifies the use for me.

I just use my old DS styli that are laying around. Actually I never take the Pandora one out at all except when I first got the console.

In general I never use a stylus unless the application requires it =android games.

The X stylus looks good and for a good cause. :)

Last edited:
I was a major backer of the original kickstarter, seemed like a great way to turn a quick profit. No one seemed interested, so now I've got about 200 packs no one wants. :(

They're great though, fit perfectly in the Pandora, a little smaller than the actual stylus when retracted but flips out a little longer and definitely gives a better grip.

Where in the world is WizardStan?  I'd like to get a few packs maybe 8 stylus... but not sure if you'd like to post them to Australia.

I guess a normal stylus is "good enough", so people might not want to hand out $8 or whatever for a better one.  I do though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I post everywhere. I'd have to double check the shipping, but I would think it would be about $10 because of the slightly larger than standard envelope.

I've a pack of these from the original indiegogo campaign (after the original kickstarter cockup). I broke the one I was using in my 3DS, which 50% matched the colour (eventually the plastic where the wedge widens gets brittle and cracks). I need to investigate whether I can reinforce it successfully (superglue's not strong enough), but I've broken most of my fine drill bits, so need to get some more before I can try that out. The second out of the packet broke almost immediately, so I'm not sure if the plastic has got more brittle with age or I was just unlucky. I've not tried using the other two ones until I've tried reinforcing one of the broken ones and finding out if I can manage that.

The breaking issue sort of concerns me.  I went ahead and bought a pack from ithic for my Pandora to try though.  Figured cant hurt too much to try.

Back