Interlogic Gp32

A600

Certified Guru
I ported Interlogic thanks to the awesome chui's SDL libraries.

It's a puzzle game with 30 levels.

Updated!

Version 1.1:

- Added music. Use [SELECT] to stop/play music.
- You can use the music you want. Just replace the file interlog\game.mod with the mod you want.
- Much faster save/load. Don't forget to quit the game with the exit option, otherwise your progress won't be saved.
- Now it runs at 133 Mhz.

Get it here
Sourcecode

interlog2.png

Dryer Lint

Nice!
Only the saving after every level is annoying. Saving on demand would be a plus.
And my screen flickers slightly while I play (it stops flickering during the saving process). Does this run at some unusual clockspeed?
I can't wait for the version with music!

A600

Certified Guru
Dryer Lint posted on Oct 1 2005 at 11:14 PM said:
Nice!
Only the saving after every level is annoying. Saving on demand would be a plus.

The original Linux game have a enter password option but a keyboard is needed, so I implemented the saving option but the load/save functions from the SDL library are slow as hell :(

Saving on demand ia a better option :)

And my screen flickers slightly while I play (it stops flickering during the saving process). Does this run at some unusual clockspeed?

I didn't note those flickers with my FLU. It runs at 66 Mhz

Last edited by a moderator:

A600

Certified Guru
elektrocution posted on Oct 1 2005 at 11:23 PM said:
intresting, how do you use chui's sdl lib to port sdl games? i would like to learn so i might try to port some stuff aswell :p

If you understand spanish here is a very nice tutorial with all you need.

Porting is very easy. I only had to resize the graphics from 640x480 to 320x240, change some code and add the sounds files from the Windows version because the Linux version doesn't have music/sounds. The testing can be done in Windows and once you're done, compile for the GP32 :)

Quiest

I like turtles!
But you do need major coding knowledge, don`t you?

If not, might anyone try to make a english tutorial, I would like to try porting something for a long time now :D But I don`t have the knowledge to do so :(

A600

Certified Guru
New version!

Version 1.1:

- Added music. Use [SELECT] to stop/play music.
- You can use the music you want. Just replace the file interlog\game.mod with the mod you want.
- Much faster save/load. Don't forget to quit the game with the exit option, otherwise your progress won't be saved.
- Now it runs at 133 Mhz.

Get it here
Sourcecode

A600

Certified Guru
Quiest posted on Oct 2 2005 at 01:33 AM said:
But you do need major coding knowledge, don`t you?
If not, might anyone try to make a english tutorial, I would like to try porting something for a long time now :D But I don`t have the knowledge to do so :(

It depends. My C is very basic (I'm a Delphi man) and so far I have programmed for the GP32 updated versions of Sarien, XRick and the Amstrad CPC emu; an util to unzip files (gpunzip) and this port. :D

If I have time I'll try to translate the tutorial but beware, because my english is crappy!

A600

Certified Guru
mison posted on Oct 2 2005 at 01:32 PM said:
nice port!
are you going to do a blu+ version of it?

Doesn't work with blu+?

A600

Certified Guru
mison posted on Oct 2 2005 at 04:08 PM said:
at least not on mine.. the usual white bar issue occurs.

OK. Try this version

Drag

Website
drag.wootest.net
This is an interesting game! It's like a cross between Sokoban and Puzznic.

I noticed a slight flickering while playing this game (I have a FLU). Maybe the LCD's framerate setting is funky?

Oh, and it didn't fry my gp32. :p

A600

Certified Guru
Drag posted on Oct 3 2005 at 12:07 AM said:
I noticed a slight flickering while playing this game (I have a FLU). Maybe the LCD's framerate setting is funky?

Yep, after more testings I also noticed the slight flickering. I'll try to fix it.

@K0K0NUT_h3lmut: that's imposible.

K0K0NUT_h3lmut

The Soldier wearing a coconut...
Website
Visit site
A600 posted on Oct 2 2005 at 06:39 PM said:
Drag posted on Oct 3 2005 at 12:07 AM said:

Yep, after more testings I also noticed the slight flickering. I'll try to fix it.

@K0K0NUT_h3lmut: that's imposible.
Yeah, I think its impossible too. I'll check on my GP32 soon.