Internal Wifi

Wycked

Still Fresh
If the wifi adapter ever comes out, I think I'm gonna try to make it internal. I don't know if there are any good battery mods for the Wiz (as the forum's search sucks), but if I could get a smaller-sized battery in there I want to crack open the wifi adapter and try to rig it so it can be contained within the battery compartment.

Could I wire the contacts of the adapter to the USB port's connection points on the motherboard, with the power pin running through a switch, so when I turn the switch to on the system will think I just popped the adapter in? And when off, would I still be able to use the port to charge and connect to PC?

scachi on the german boards (forum.gp2x.de), has modded his wiz to integrate the wifi adapter internally. andymanone, also on the german forum posted something similar you want to achieve. they both have accounts here under the same name IIRC, if you need to contact them.

the thread on the german board is here: http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7743&start=90

sorry, nothing. but google translate may help? or just contact andymanone, he's really helpful.

Back