Internet Browser

Deaths Shepherd

Still Fresh
I know the gp2x doesn't have a built in internet browser but where i get one? also how does the gp2x connect to the net wirelessly, as far as i can tell it has no wireless capabilities correct me if i'm wrong.

The only way you could theorically connect the GP2X to the net would be a network adapter on the SD drive.

Even if such a thing exist, there is no driver for that. Not to mention the total lack of internet-aware softs.

Clad said:
The only way you could theorically connect the GP2X to the net would be a network adapter on the SD drive.

Even if such a thing exist, there is no driver for that. Not to mention the total lack of internet-aware softs.
Actually there are other ways to connect GP2X to a network.

1) If you have a GP2X F-100 then you can use USB Network function to connect GP2X to a network through a PC. GP2X F-200 can't use this feature because USB Netchip is removed.

2) You can connect a USB -> Ethernet device to your cradle or any other usb host mod. There are a few drivers supporting most of these adaptor such as RT81XX, Pegasus, ST268 etc.

3) If you have a USB Wi-Fi with the approprite chipset there are some GP2X drivers for you in the archive also.

4) You can run Qtopia and use Opera browser, gaim instant messenger and some other internet software.

There are always things you can do if you really want and try. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back