Internet Browsers

Mouse gestures don`t work properly in firefox, Try this:-

In Opera to go back a few pages "hold the right mouse button and click the left mouse button a few times", What happens, You go back a few pages :) .

In Firefox to go back a few pages "hold the right mouse button and click the left mouse button a few times", What happens, You go back only one page, Then it stops :blink: . So you have to take your hand off of the mouse and repeat the whole procedure over and over again just to go back one page at a time.

This may seem a trivial thing to compare, But i have been using this feature since 5.x (i am now using Opera 6.06 brought and paid for) and it seems just right among other things. I won`t use v 7.xx as of yet, As i can not get on with the built-in mail client but the one in 6.06 is great.

Just my 2p

Trooper

Trooper: I find tapping backspace multiple times to be easy and fluid.

I always thought mouse gestures meant holding a mouse button and dragging left to go back. I stopped using it since it interfered with my selecting text, but I'm sure I could have tweaked the options so that it works with another button.

But like EvilDragon, I am not alway close enough to the keyboard, So prefer to use the (hold right, Click left and hold left, Click right) mouse gestures. I suppose its Opera`s fault for making it`s users so bloody lazy, Me and EvilDragon included. :p

EDIT:
Just to throw a spanner in the works ;) , What say if you were using the backspace key to go back through your page history and you happened upon a text box (much like the one on Google.com which is activated by default upon entry to that page), What then. :p

Do you :-

A ) use the tab key to exit out of the text box.

Or

B ) Reach for the mouse and click the back button or use mouse gestures.

:lol:

Trooper

Mozilla Firefox. I was introduced to Mozilla by a school substitue who is a linux guy. I love Mozilla. Its better than IE in eveery way. It even transfers your IE favorites to Firefox for you. I will NEVER use IE again.

Back