Intitial Battery Charge

gmhuntr7

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Ok well I can probably guess the answer to this question, but once we get the Pandora do we HAVE to wait 8 hours charge before using or is using it while it's charging just as good?

I can imagine the torture of just seeing it charge and not being able to use it already. Oh well, at least it's not two more months lol.

gmhuntr7 said:
Ok well I can probably guess the answer to this question, but once we get the Pandora do we HAVE to wait 8 hours charge before using or is using it while it's charging just as good?

I can imagine the torture of just seeing it charge and not being able to use it already. Oh well, at least it's not two more months lol.
This is a problem I'm happy to have. I ordered a spare battery does this mean I need to wait 16 hours. Arrrhhh!!! That is nearly 2 months. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, you just have to make sure it doesn't fully discharge before it fully charges. So yeah, no issues if you use it while it's charging.

Oh cool! That's not the answer I was expecting. I didn't think I'd still get the full battery lifetime if I used it while it's doing the initial charge. Thanks for the info! Now to wait for the Pandora to come in :p

A lot of batteries have arrived with little to no charge. In this case you won't be able to power it on at all. Plugging it in will appear to do nothing but after 10 minutes or so the lights will come on. If this happens, it is suggested that you leave it charging for at least a couple of hourse before you start to use it.

slaanesh said:
I can't seem to charge my battery whilst the unit is off. It keeps switching itself on as soon as I plug it into the charger...

That is normal and was mentioned very early on. The unit turns itself on while charging.

slaanesh said:
I can't seem to charge my battery whilst the unit is off. It keeps switching itself on as soon as I plug it into the charger...

Phones also do that although they boot into some kind of minimal program

Apparently you can flick the power switch to turn it into 'Standby' mode (closing the lid only turns the LCD off, and doesn't go to 'Standby' yet), and it may charge fasterer because it's not using any of the electricity to power... the stuff that gets powered off in the low-power 'Standby' mode.

Wow. Quick replies. Thanks. Okay, I hadn't really followed any news about the Pandora. I was just waiting for it to materialize then I'd get interested. :)

Okay so standby mode whilst charging sounds like a good idea to me.

If you can't wait the 10mins or so for it to be charged enough to start playing with it (or even for it to charge fully overnight - GO TO BED!), you can always pop the battery out and then all the electricity will go straight to the Pandora and off you go.

Just remember: DON'T PUT THE BATTERY BACK IN BEFORE YOU UNPLUG THE POWER SUPPLY. I don't remember the specifics, but it's advice (in caps) from MWeston himself, and it's bad in a "don't cross the streams" sort of way.

Back